Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Any Games You were Dissapointed by?

Nov 19, 2012

@achus93again

Yeah I never really got too into shooting games.

Playstation sig
Message 81 of 129 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Alright here are my games that I've been very disappointed by:

Jak II (Yes I know some people will think I'm crazy at this....  But after playing the first J&D and loving it. I thought Jak II would be a continuation of the same type of thing.  I love the whole Hub type adventure game where you have to complete objectives to get stars or precursor power cells.  So when Jak II was very different at first I didn't like it.... (Also probably because of the rage it caused me) but I warmed up and liked the direction that the Jak series went in.  It was different but still pretty good)

Dante's Inferno - I saw this game and thought it could've been pretty cool.  But then it seriously was just a God of War copy with a different story and slightly different leveling.

Every Call of Duty after MW2/Blops 1 - MW3 was legit just the same thing as MW2 and Blops 2 is very similar to the first Blops but in a more futuristic setting.  This game franchise just has no more appeal to me...

New Super Mario Bros 2 - I loved the first game and all the mini games that were in it.  Then the second one took it in a direction of just collecting **bleep** loads of coins. AKA it made me sad.

That's all I can think of at this point.

Message 82 of 129 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

Nov 19, 2012

:smileyhappy: (Not TLF).

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 83 of 129 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

Jak II (Yes I know some people will think I'm crazy at this....  But after playing the first J&D and loving it. I thought Jak II would be a continuation of the same type of thing.  I love the whole Hub type adventure game where you have to complete objectives to get stars or precursor power cells.  So when Jak II was very different at first I didn't like it.... (Also probably because of the rage it caused me) but I warmed up and liked the direction that the Jak series went in.  It was different but still pretty good)

Good, thats good. Need more openmindedness like that when it comes to Jak II, especially Jak 3 since Jak 3 had the balance of both and the best of both worlds from Jak TPL and Jak II.

It wasn't that different. Everything about Jak and his games were still Jak and Daxter. Only changes were minor things like Power cells and the colorful levels everywhere you turn. However Power cells returned in Jak X along with some other J&D TPL references.

Honestly as a true fan speaking... my only problem was I missed the Power Cell theme music. It came back in Jak II for a quick sec in the first mission but man I thought it was going to continue from the first game :smileytongue:

Only time will tell.
Message 84 of 129 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil 6

Assassin's Creed 3

Message 85 of 129 (58 Views)
Sackboy
437 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

tippy78 wrote:

Good, thats good. Need more openmindedness like that when it comes to Jak II, especially Jak 3 since Jak 3 had the balance of both and the best of both worlds from Jak TPL and Jak II.

It wasn't that different. Everything about Jak and his games were still Jak and Daxter. Only changes were minor things like Power cells and the colorful levels everywhere you turn. However Power cells returned in Jak X along with some other J&D TPL references.

Honestly as a true fan speaking... my only problem was I missed the Power Cell theme music. It came back in Jak II for a quick sec in the first mission but man I thought it was going to continue from the first game :smileytongue:

Very fair points. Jak X was sick! I wish I could still play it.

That being said. What I missed in the second game was the whole world with mini missions thing. ya know?  That's why games like Super Mario 64, J&D TPL, Ty etc... are so fun for me. That's probably my favorite type of adventure game.  Also I'd agree with that sentiment about Jak 3. Thus making it my favorite in the series!

Message 86 of 129 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

tippy78 wrote:

Very fair points. Jak X was sick! I wish I could still play it.

That being said. What I missed in the second game was the whole world with mini missions thing. ya know?  That's why games like Super Mario 64, J&D TPL, Ty etc... are so fun for me. That's probably my favorite type of adventure game.  Also I'd agree with that sentiment about Jak 3. Thus making it my favorite in the series!

AGREED!

What you mean by this? Jak II and Jak 3 had missions? Im confused.

AGREED! once again.

Only time will tell.
Message 87 of 129 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Well I'm disappointed of Rage by ID. I just waited more effort in the history.. a final boss, a better ending, more immersive gaming experience.. So far is the Worst ID game i've ever played.

Others to the list:

a) wwe raw 2008 - the year they changed the engine, they just killed this **bleep** for life.

b)Guilty gear X3 - **bleep** where they thinking?

c)S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - fallout in crack cocaine -'nuf said-.

d)Mario Sunshine - just sucked.

e)Kof 2003 - the worst of the worst.

f)Naughty bear - it's sad.

g)Starhawk - No 4 player split-screen? Well **bleep** YOU!

h)Mario Kart wii - Laaaaame.

j)Sega racers. etc- Laaame copy of a laaame game.

k)Resistance 2: No hd in splitscreen mode, No 4 player splitscreen mode. The first resistance was soo great, this just fell backwards.

**) Killzone 3: The game is great, the sad thing was that the developers didn't put the split-screen feature in the multiplayer mode, and the feeling of the campaing and the feeling of the multiplayer mode are drastically different.

Message 88 of 129 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

tonesarts wrote:

Well I'm disappointed of Rage by ID. I just waited more effort in the history.. a final boss, a better ending, more immersive gaming experience.. So far is the Worst ID game i've ever played.

Others to the list:

a) wwe raw 2008 - the year they changed the engine, they just killed this **bleep** for life.

b)Guilty gear X3 - **bleep** where they thinking?

c)S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - fallout in crack cocaine -'nuf said-.

d)Mario Sunshine - just sucked.

e)Kof 2003 - the worst of the worst.

f)Naughty bear - it's sad.

g)Starhawk - No 4 player split-screen? Well **bleep** YOU!

h)Mario Kart wii - Laaaaame.

j)Sega racers. etc- Laaame copy of a laaame game.

k)Resistance 2: No hd in splitscreen mode, No 4 player splitscreen mode. The first resistance was soo great, this just fell backwards.

**) Killzone 3: The game is great, the sad thing was that the developers didn't put the split-screen feature in the multiplayer mode, and the feeling of the campaing and the feeling of the multiplayer mode are drastically different.

Irrational excuses. Now that i think about it. Basically all of your disappointments sound like complaints to me. Theres no reason to be disappointed in Mario Sunshine especially since it was one best last Mario games of its Gen.

Everything else is just complaints.

Only time will tell.
Message 89 of 129 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Nov 19, 2012

That being said. What I missed in the second game was the whole world with mini missions thing. ya know?  

What you mean by this? Jak II and Jak 3 had missions? Im confused.

What I mean is you know how Super Mario 64 had a central hub (castle) and then you went into the paintings and completed objectives?  This is how the Original Jak and Daxter was.  I mean like you got a power cell for completing certain objectives within each area (Sandover Village, Misty Island, Forbidden Jungle etc..) Do you get it now?  In Jak II you were basically just in Haven city and travelled around it completing missions for Torn or Krew.  Whereas in J&DTPL you were getting the power cells for large objectives and getting to new areas. Hope that helps ya

Message 90 of 129 (24 Views)
0 Likes