Jan 14 2013
By: Digidevil4 I Only Post Everything 955 posts

Anti-Dante Advice please

9 replies 183 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I will spare you the standard blah blah nerf crap..

Today for the past 3 hours I have faced 5 different dantes all around the 900 mark that are in my oppinion taking unfair advantage of their ability to sustain incredibly long combos. It was less of a case of can we kill him, more of a case of 'if we let him hit us he will use the combo again', 'hes almost at level 2 already!', 'hes just blocking and using it over and over again'.

I know for a fact im not a bad player, I win 9/10 times with BD in quickmatches and possible 6/10 in ranked (thanks to the abundancy of drake and ECs).

So what do I do? how do you deal with someone who just blocks you and as soon as ur vulnerable pulls you into  very long combos where you cant fight back. I havent heard much about people calling dante OP but this is clearly an issue.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 1 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Re: Anti-Dante Advice please

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Grab? And when they''re square attacks miss or are blocked their recover animation is slow as hell, so punish them.

I wanna main Dante but he's really bad compared to the likes or Kratos, Nariko, ect. I know that if you're him you NEED to not miss and leave yourself wide open, hence the excessive blocking when using him. Is there anything else to using him? Make sure your initial attack hits, then AP break em.

How exactly did these Dantes play?

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 2 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I grab them if they keep blocking.
Message 3 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 14, 2013

JayJXZ wrote:

Grab? And when they''re square attacks miss or are blocked their recover animation is slow as hell, so punish them.

I wanna main Dante but he's really bad compared to the likes or Kratos, Nariko, ect. I know that if you're him you NEED to not miss and leave yourself wide open, hence the excessive blocking when using him. Is there anything else to using him? Make sure your initial attack hits, then AP break em.

How exactly did these Dantes play?

Heavy blocking but often moving alot to avoid being grabed. They usually punish grabs with their combo. They combo at every opportunity. I get the odd few hits in but more often their partner will interrupt and they will break straight into the combo.

...and my Movesets!

Message 4 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 14, 2013
When they block and your right next to them as be either grab or punish them if they try to combo with side square.
Message 5 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Run away till he rage quits

Hardcore

Message 6 of 10 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jan 14, 2013
What I did when I was playing against a Dante that was simply blocking and spamming his counter, I just walked up to him with Cole and used my lvl 1 super lol
Message 7 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 14, 2013
^ rofl
Message 8 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 14, 2013

laoboi56 wrote:
What I did when I was playing against a Dante that was simply blocking and spamming his counter, I just walked up to him with Cole and used my lvl 1 super lol

I play BD, its very hard to hit him with my supers cause he just gets high up and dashes in orbit while my level 2 is on.

...and my Movesets!

Message 9 of 10 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jan 14, 2013

im a 999 dante, i have used him for a Loong time now. the great thing about dante is the fact that his combo's are so mobile, he is able to take the combo into the air, completly dodging ALL lvl one supers. A good dante player is going to wait for you to mess up, then begin his long combo, the best way to get past this is to do the EXACT same thng,

dante players have the LONGEST recoil time in the game, meaning just be patient and wait for the player the mess up, then lay down the punishment, in the mean time, stay out of the air. ALSO if a dante player tries to nuetral square attack, and you happen to dodge, then turn around and pull out your LVL 1, it will work, dante has very long recoil meaning lots of time to pull out a lvl 1.

so basicly

1.be pateint, let him make the first move.

2.stray from jumping in the air.

3.dodging past dante is a GREAT tactic, then lvl 1 or begin your own attack.

on a side not, i would not claim dante's long combo's to be an "unfair advantage" he is probably the most balanced charector in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 10 of 10 (88 Views)