Sep 27 2012
By: cooldudematt Lombax Warrior 193 posts

Another Reason Abe needs to be here.

5 replies 216 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

Hi Guys

So I was just looking through the livestream for Eurogamer to see if Playstation All Stars was on there and I noticed at the bottom it said that someone from Oddworld Inhabitants would be talking about Abe's Oddyssey HD. Now I am looking forward to this and it made me think. If people are saying that superbot is putting characters in for promotional purposes (Raiden, Dante, Heihachi), Then why not put Abe in considering he is also technically a Playstation All Star. What do you guys think?

Here's the link to the livestream guide: http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/27/eurogamer-expo-developer-sessions-to-be-streamed-live-details-here/

Message 1 of 6 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Another Reason Abe needs to be here.

Sep 27, 2012

I think abe would be a perfect PS1 rep but for me it depends on how many characters are left to announce. I'd love to play as abe, he's high on my list but I know a lot more people couldn't care less about him and there are a lot of potential candidates left. His chances are slim and that's probably for the best over all, although I hate to admit it.

Message 2 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

I think abe would be a perfect PS1 rep but for me it depends on how many characters are left to announce. I'd love to play as abe, he's high on my list but I know a lot more people couldn't care less about him and there are a lot of potential candidates left. His chances are slim and that's probably for the best over all, although I hate to admit it.

All we have to remember is that there is the possible chance of DLC considering Oddworld Inhabitants wants him in.

Message 3 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I'm curious to how his moveset would be. I've never really gotten to play Abe's Oddysey, but from what I remember it was mostly about escaping.

Message 4 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Sep 27, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I'm curious to how his moveset would be. I've never really gotten to play Abe's Oddysey, but from what I remember it was mostly about escaping.

I remember from the first game that you could fart and control peoples minds. Also note that Abe is classed as a Hero in the game Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey which is supposedly coming out on PS3 in the near future.

Message 5 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

cooldudematt wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

I remember from the first game that you could fart and control peoples minds. Also note that Abe is classed as a Hero in the game Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey which is supposedly coming out on PS3 in the near future.

Yeah the game play would definitly have to revolve mostly around possesion. He can also turn into a big monster crab thing and f **bleep** up. It would be difficult since he's a slave whose gimmick is basically that he's the heroic weakling. The Stranger would maybe be a better fighter for the game but he's more of an xbox character. For those who don't know the 1st 2 games were PS exclusives and Abe was the main character. The 2nd 2 games weren't and Abe was firstly demoted to supporting character and then missing entirely. As the series progressed the devs decided that they wanted to build upon the weird creepy world that they'd made and that meant exploring different parts of the world with different characters.

Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes