Feb 28 2013
By: mac102991 Lombax Warrior 152 posts

And this is why PSA will continue to live in Super Smash Brothers' shadow.

[ Edited ]
14 replies 318 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

SPOILER ALERT THE THREAD IS ABOUT 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS AND HOW MANY OTHER GAMES GOT BETTER, MORE ICONIC 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS . EXAMPLES: KH, MVC, SOUL CALIBUR, SMASH ETC ETC

REASONS DOWN BELOW

Forgettable 1 player experience, horrendously glitchy online play, and most recently, the uninspired, overpriced DLC. Issac along with Big Daddy and even Raiden aren't Playstation All Stars. They are characters that happen to appear on Playstation as well as Xbox and PC. The team has acquired many 3rd party characters, none of which were even the top 5 most requested (Speaking to Crash, Spyro, Snake, Laura, or insert iconic character here). And you may say that it's an unfair to request this of the team given that "it takes more than asking" etc. But although I'm not all-knowing of the process of obtaining these characters, it would seem that companies have accomplished this before. 

For instance, look at the Soul Calibur series. They acquired the rights to Link, Yoda, Darth Vader, and Ezio in some of their games. Some of these crazy iconic characters, namely Star Wars, must have been quite an undertaking to score the rights to. that they managed to get in their title. These weren't even characters that were highly requested, just something they somehow managed to do while our devs tell us that it's just not that easy.

What about Kingdom Hearts? How easy do you think it is to tell a company that hails from a different country with different values that they want to take Mikey Mouse and turn him into a Keyblading bandit? Surely there is no way you would have ever seen that happen. Or Marvel vs. Capcom? Marvel is an incredibly huge brand to just insert a ton of characters into one game.

But let's get back to the title. Let's talk Smash Bros. for a moment. The series has never done much for 3rd party recruitment, given that the point of the series is to revolve around Nintendo exclusives. As you know however, this changed with the latest installment. The most requested 3rd party character among fans of the series was Sonic the Hedgehog. Strangely enough, even though it "takes more than asking" and there are "pesky lawyers," Sonic appeared in the game. What may have been more shocking was Snake's inclusion. Snake is much more of a Playstation character, and when he was added to Smash's roster, the only Nintendo games Snake had been in were all remakes or ports. Somehow, some magical way, he was added.

And I know companies are different etc etc but I don't see how Sony/SSM/Superbot could have dropped the ball on the most requested 3rd party characters while other developers seemed to manage just fine with acquiring much more precious, expensive and iconic characters. I also don't know the reasons. Maybe Sony is cheap and didn't fund the project well (likely). Maybe the devs didn't care for such characters(somewhat likely), maybe those few companies(Square, Activision, Crystal Dynamics) are just huge **bleep** monkeys(unlikely). 

Whatever the reason, I am looking back on these games and wondering why I got one of the most requested and iconic Playstation characters in a Super Smash Bros. game but not a game mistakenly titled Playstation All-Stars.

Enjoy Zeus community, I'll be waiting and hoping for a better sequel.

Message 1 of 15 (318 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Re: And this is why PSA will continue to live in Super Smash Brothers' shadow.

Feb 28, 2013

Then why areyou here? Go to the smash forums and leave us alone with the game we happen to love.

Now Im off  to a Street Fighter forum to complain about it not being like MK.

Message 2 of 15 (304 Views)
Wastelander
629 posts

Feb 28, 2013

nope

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 3 of 15 (294 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Your paragraphs aren't indented.
Message 4 of 15 (293 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Stopped reading when you implied that brawl has a better online experience.

Message 5 of 15 (288 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 28, 2013

COS-117 wrote:

Did not imply that at all lol. I said PSA's was glitchy.

Message 6 of 15 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 28, 2013

mac102991 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

Did not imply that at all lol. I said PSA's was glitchy.

It's still a million times better then Brawl's online. This is coming from a guy who loves Nintendo.

Message 7 of 15 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I fixed the thread with a disclaimer so you guys wouldn't have to burden yourselves with the arduous task of reading much but you could still understand what I'm saying. You're welcome.

Message 8 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Feb 28, 2013

You are just a stupid,brainless,mad,childish hypocrite.

You complain about Big Daddy? Well then,let me tell you a story: Do you know that Ken Levine PAID SuperBot

to have Big Daddy in PASBR? And do you know what Superbot did with that money? They got Sir Daniel and

Spike, two PSX rep. Still not impressed? Soul Calibur have the most stereotyped,unrecognizable character I've ever

seen in a fighting game. They have a guest in EVERY chapter of the SC franchise so that people buy it cause they saw

Darth Vader or Ezio Auditoreon the cover. And Snake in SSB? He was all thanks to KOJIMA. You know who is he?

He is the creator of MGS. He is the guy that wanted SNAKE in SSB and RAIDEN in PASBR. Marvel vs Capcom?

You said that Marvel is a big company. Because CAPCOM is a little known Software House? No, it's pretty well known too.

So please go back to SmAsH DoJo!1!1! and talk about how PASBR is a SSB clone. 

firma.PNG

Message 9 of 15 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Oh,I totally forget about it : if it is soo easy to obtain 3rd Party characters,I'm sure YOU will talk to CODtivision,right?

And don't came back without Crash! He was my childhood!

firma.PNG

Message 10 of 15 (160 Views)
0 Likes