Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: Analog stick or D-pad?

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The analog stick nowadays is more often the default for gaming. Back in the early PlayStation days there was no analog stick on the controller, so some games defaulted to the d-pad and some had uncommon button combinations compared to today's standards.

Usually though I go straight for the analog stick and see how the game works with it. The odd right-moves-left and left-moves-right camera direction of the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection (for example) is not my preference - though, I kept it as is and had to apply that playstyle towards progress.

Im sure there has always been analog sticks for playstation controllers.

Sorry man, I at one time thought that too. But look at this...

http://craiggav.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/playstation-controller.jpeg

Message 41 of 63 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Oct 29, 2012

BlueBl1zzard wrote:

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The analog stick nowadays is more often the default for gaming. Back in the early PlayStation days there was no analog stick on the controller, so some games defaulted to the d-pad and some had uncommon button combinations compared to today's standards.

Usually though I go straight for the analog stick and see how the game works with it. The odd right-moves-left and left-moves-right camera direction of the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection (for example) is not my preference - though, I kept it as is and had to apply that playstyle towards progress.

im pretty sure thats the p2 controller. When i first got a ps1, it came with 2 controllers, that one and an analog one

sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 42 of 63 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 1, 2012

onestly ive played games like tekken 6 on the psp system , i always felt better using the analog stick , its hard to jump and perform combo,s related to analog stick or D-pad Smiley Wink  no offence buddy 

Message 43 of 63 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Hori Fighting Edge Fightstick

Come at me.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 44 of 63 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

AuXiiLium_DuHHHH wrote:

im pretty sure thats the p2 controller. When i first got a ps1, it came with 2 controllers, that one and an analog one

I'm pretty sure the analog controller was not used until like 1997 on the Playstation. I got my Playstation in 1996 for Christmas, and the only controller it came with did not have an analog stick. I'm 100% sure.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 45 of 63 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 1, 2012

BlueBl1zzard wrote:

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

HAHAHA weird. but now that i look at it it does seem familiar 

Message 46 of 63 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Ohhh, ok
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 47 of 63 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

Honestly, from PS1 to PS2 & now to PS3, I haven always used A Dual Shock Controller, weather it may be Dual Shock 1, Dual Shock 2, or even Dual Shock 3... 

Dun get me wrong, PS1 came with D-Pad Controllers as Standard, but I always let my friends use those, while I used the Dual Shock ones... 

-------- 

Anyways, I did then, & I still do now... 

Thumb Stick for most Games, while D-Pad for specific Games like Fighting Games... 

Fighter Jet Games I however use a Joy Stick, & if possible i'll try a Fight Stick for Fighting every now & then... 

I have all 3 Fight Sticks from MK9, SF4, & Tekken 6, =D 

----- 

Heck, I even used those same Keys for NES Days.. Gotta love that Fight Stick for NES, =D 

P. S.: As for da All Time Smash Brothers Style PlayStation Version... 

I will try each idea out, & see which fits best... I use The Move for only Specific Games, but I really can't see a use for it in this Game, I will probably just end up using one of my 3 Fight Sticks instead... 

As for the BETA, I have found myself using the Thumbsticks, though... So we'll see... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 48 of 63 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I use the d-pad myself. Feels better for this game, and the Vita's d-pad feels perfect.

Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 49 of 63 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I haven't fulled committed to anything yet but I feel like the D pad is easier. 

Message 50 of 63 (122 Views)
0 Likes