Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Re: Am I the only one...?

Nov 16, 2012
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Pyramid-Head-Moveset-Revised/td-... check my dialogue for my Sweet Tooth/Pyramid Head Rivalry...its in the first post, just find it
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I'll agree that the Jak & Ratchet rival cut scene is pretty cringe worthy. Hopefully the others will actually have a reason to battle it out. But just expect all of them to suck.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I'm glad they took this more light-hearted route. Cross over fighters that try and have serious rivalries tend to over do it in a horrible way since each side has no relation and no real reason to be upset with one another.

Taking a funny approach makes the entire concept an enjoyable gag more than a rivalry while also getting to enjoy the concept of a rivalry.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (190 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 16, 2012
I thought Daxter's reaction in the cutscene was on point. He likes to prove people wrong although Jak could have said something than just agree to fight. Ratchet is willing to fight if they're going to keep him from trying to find what he wanted so I thought that made a bit sense but it was all a bit rushed with anger.

I'm not not all of the rivarly reasons are going to be anger related. There has to be comedy of course. Maybe Spike vs Parappa will offer that and Toro vs Heihachi half offers that. FP and Evil Cole...what would be the reason~?
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Yeah, I'm pretty sure PaRappa is rivals with Spike because PaRappa is preventing Spike to catch a monkey. Lol
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

... Who thinks that the 'reasons' one character rivals another is stupid? The characters get mad at other characters over little tiny things... 

For instance (This is what I mean, i was probably unclear) - 

- Jak gets mad when Ratchet says he'd rather 'have the bolts' (Unless Ratchet is over-cocky, I don't know why he'd say that?) THEN, after Daxter hands Jak the gun, Clank replies, "Now, now, I am sure there is a reasonable solution we can arrive at.", and Ratchet replies, "I think this is plenty reasonable... Let's settle this..."

and

- Toro asks why Heihachi isn't old... Heihachi gets mad as he thinks they 'call him old'... He then decides, "Oh yeah, he called me old... I'm going to kill him..."

- Big Daddy gets 'mad' at Sackboy because Little Sister thinks he's cuter than Big Daddy... Big Daddy wouldn't get mad over that if he were taken directly from his game... That's ridiculous...

I mean, it's like... they just get overly mad and become rivals over silly, small name-calling, or a very VERY small action or something, which is ridiculous, and we all know that if they were real, they (especially 'heroic' characters like Ratchet) wouldn't fight someone over name-calling...

I just think that's a bit childish... then there's "SpaceFlix", which is a joke to "Netflix"... They really went all-out with the 'Dora the Explorer-esque-childish' dialogue as well.

Welll... i mean for a rivalry so hyped up as Jak's and Ratchet's, i can agree that the reason tehy are fighting should be a bit more...well good.

reminds me of Mortal Komabt when Jax and Johny Cage fought just because Johnny Cage made a sarcastic remark :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Spaceflix is a very Ratchet and Clank like thing to include.  The original games rip off of normal products a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 16, 2012

gh3555 wrote:

I'll agree that the Jak & Ratchet rival cut scene is pretty cringe worthy. Hopefully the others will actually have a reason to battle it out. But just expect all of them to suck.

Well Jak and Daxter, manily Daxter likes competion and are always fast to jump into one. So does Ratchet actually. Just look at the intro to Playstation move heroes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjrP-HuiRA

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Like someone said its a brawler how much detail do you need to make the fight believable. 

Its just to have fun and the story with the characters itself are funny, I see no problem here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes