Nov 16 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5690 posts

Am I the only one...?

28 replies 447 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

... Who thinks that the 'reasons' one character rivals another is stupid? The characters get mad at other characters over little tiny things... 

For instance (This is what I mean, i was probably unclear) - 

- Jak gets mad when Ratchet says he'd rather 'have the bolts' (Unless Ratchet is over-cocky, I don't know why he'd say that?) THEN, after Daxter hands Jak the gun, Clank replies, "Now, now, I am sure there is a reasonable solution we can arrive at.", and Ratchet replies, "I think this is plenty reasonable... Let's settle this..."

and

- Toro asks why Heihachi isn't old... Heihachi gets mad as he thinks they 'call him old'... He then decides, "Oh yeah, he called me old... I'm going to kill him..."

- Big Daddy gets 'mad' at Sackboy because Little Sister thinks he's cuter than Big Daddy... Big Daddy wouldn't get mad over that if he were taken directly from his game... That's ridiculous...

I mean, it's like... they just get overly mad and become rivals over silly, small name-calling, or a very VERY small action or something, which is ridiculous, and we all know that if they were real, they (especially 'heroic' characters like Ratchet) wouldn't fight someone over name-calling...

I just think that's a bit childish... then there's "SpaceFlix", which is a joke to "Netflix"... They really went all-out with the 'Dora the Explorer-esque-childish' dialogue as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Am I the only one...?

Nov 16, 2012
i thought the whole point of this is to have some comedy?
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (442 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 16, 2012
There are many possibility's, it can be hard to pick one out of many.
Would players be more happy with interesting or typical rivalry's?
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5690 posts

Nov 16, 2012

achus93again wrote:

Whole point of the game, err...?

I'm just saying, those comments, "SpaceFlix", are like child-comedy. It's not funny. It's kinda of stupid...

And the characters get mad over something so small and decide to fight because they called them a 'jerk'? It's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm so psyched for the game, but they really should had gone deeper with the sayings...

I mean they use the words "P-issed" and "Sh1111t" in this game, sooo why can't they stop cheesin' it up, you know?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5690 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Subtenko wrote:
There are many possibility's, it can be hard to pick one out of many.
Would players be more happy with interesting or typical rivalry's?

I'd just think they'd need a LEGITIMATE reason to fight. It's like a grade-school thing here... "You're a meanie!" "I'll show you!" - Fight begins... ugh.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

achus93again wrote:

Whole point of the game, err...?

I'm just saying, those comments, "SpaceFlix", are like child-comedy. It's not funny. It's kinda of stupid...

And the characters get mad over something so small and decide to fight because they called them a 'jerk'? It's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm so psyched for the game, but they really should had gone deeper with the sayings...

I mean they use the words "P-issed" and "Sh1111t" in this game, sooo why can't they stop cheesin' it up, you know?

i meant he whole point of some stories,

for comedy effect...

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (409 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
220 posts

Nov 16, 2012

it's a party brawler, cool your jets mon ami

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (408 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Lemme try to rationalize these for you. Most of these fights pray on characters emotional weaknesses. Like, Jak & Daxter aren't fans of being called worthless, as is Heihatchi with his age, and Big Daddy with his attachment to his Little Sister.

So when Kuro insults Heihatchis mental state or jokes about his age, it's going to upset him. Or when Big Daddy feels like the Little Sister is throwing him aside, it's going to upset it. It seems that most of the writing will be "straw that broke the camel's back" scenarios.

And as for the Spaceflix line, that's just the sense of humor that Rachet & Clank games have. It wouldn't be a Rachet & Clank story without a few silly puns or lame jokes.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (395 Views)
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Have you seen the rival matches in SF X Tekken? The reasons they fight are even more ridiculous than these. It's all in good fun.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5690 posts

Nov 16, 2012

WhatMeWorry243 wrote:
Lemme try to rationalize these for you. Most of these fights pray on characters emotional weaknesses. Like, Jak & Daxter aren't fans of being called worthless, as is Heihatchi with his age, and Big Daddy with his attachment to his Little Sister.

So when Kuro insults Heihatchis mental state or jokes about his age, it's going to upset him. Or when Big Daddy feels like the Little Sister is throwing him aside, it's going to upset it. It seems that most of the writing will be "straw that broke the camel's back" scenarios.

And as for the Spaceflix line, that's just the sense of humor that Rachet & Clank games have. It wouldn't be a Rachet & Clank story without a few silly puns or lame jokes.
I think every character has anger management.

1) Nobody would fight over being called "Worthless", let alone a protagonist of a game. 

2) Kuro doesn't exactly 'call him a name', but it really shows Heihachi's anger problems.
3) Big Daddy has no 'legitimate' emotions. He's a guy, sifted and spliced to a costume, with an all-new mind-set. If this were Bioshock, he wouldn't get 'mad', let alone at something as silly as that, you know?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (370 Views)
0 Likes