Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Alternate Skins/Costumes for Characters

Jun 13, 2012

crazy_e_123 wrote:

That level three wouldn't be a bad idea...

How so? Anti-Sora is a lot stronger, faster, and creepier than Sora.

http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/b/b7/Anti_Form.jpg

The first time I turned into Anti-Sora was in The Nightmare Before Christmas and he was in the levels costume. My mind was blown, I had too much fun playing as Anti-Sora and then BAM he was gone and I never knew how to do it again. You know, I never searched it up, I didn't know what the internet was at the time. Anti-Sora would be an awesome Special.
Edit: So I looked it up and Anti-Sora was a really bad thing to turn into, no idea what I did to get him xD Apparently you lose both allies and have to fight them later on, cannot heal or use magic, but all attacks are basically fatal so that makes it great for a final special. The other two bad things wouldn't really matter considering that you won't have Donald and Goofy to begin with and the whole magic thing wouldn't matter considering it's just a final smash and not long lasting. If not a special, then maybe a skin would do nicely.

Message 40 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I think he might serve as a skin rather than an level 3.. Either way it'll be good.. Dude! I just thought, what if the alternate costume modified the stats or added stats to the character!

Message 41 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 13, 2012

crazy_e_123 wrote:

I think he might serve as a skin rather than an level 3.. Either way it'll be good.. Dude! I just thought, what if the alternate costume modified the stats or added stats to the character!

Well it is a good idea, but I'm trying to keep the skin suggestion simple. Like in most games, skins usually don't affect the gameplay, it just adds a different look.

Message 42 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 13, 2012

In some games yes... I'm just trying to throw some suggestions out there..

Message 43 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Never said it was a bad idea, don't be put down xD In my opinion I feel like skins that don't change the gameplay would be easier on Superbot and maybe simpler for everyone else. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my opinion.

Message 44 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I think alternate skins are great ideas but I also think that superbot needs to throw in some sort of awesome twist that would drive us nuts...(good nuts)

Message 45 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Both characters are third party so they'd both require additional paperwork regardless. Regarding Mickey being an alternative to Sora, that would still require copyright being obtained FOR Mickey given that Square Enix doesnt own Mickey and that Kingdom Hearts was done in collaboration with Disney. I guess it depends on percentage ownership. Does Square Enix FULLY own Sora or was the game rights and character design divided amongst Square Enix and Disney, given that there were Disney characters AND Final Fantasy characters?

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 46 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 13, 2012

It's all square enix..

Message 47 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I doubt that. Mickey and all other Disney characters you see in Kingdom Hearts are intellectual property of Disney.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 48 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Look it up.. This is Sony.. Like playstation not Disney.. I think sora would be enough by himself.. And sora and all in kingdom hearts that you don't see in cartoons for kids are complete property of square enix.. Another thinng I'd like to point out is that originally, you never asked if Square enix owned Mickey and Disney characters yet you choose to bring up Disney and Disney characters instead of Sora who is a square enix owned character.. I did not think I would have to point all this out to you but evidently I do..

Message 49 of 127 (33 Views)
0 Likes