Jun 22 2012
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Gaming Beast 2026 posts

Alternate Skins/Costumes for Characters Confirmed

[ Edited ]
126 replies 1372 views Edited Jul 9, 2012

Okay guys, so around the forums I've been posting comments in several threads that involve ideas of skins/costumes for different characters. For those who don't know, when you change the skin of a character the only thing that changes is the look, not the attacks or gameplay. Why do I think adding costumes and skins would be a good idea? There are many good reasons! Both fans and developers would benefit.

1. Achievement-Hunters:
Let's face it guys, for every game there are the "achievement-hunters". Achievement-hunters, for those who don't know, are the people who want to unlock everything and get every single trophy. Skins/Costumes could be used to the developers advantage by making them unlockable by hitting certain achievements by doing a certain thing or level, keeping the gamer on the game. The more to unlock, the more there is to play. This will also give some pretty sweet bragging rights for players.

2. Unnecessarily crowded character slot:
Instead of crowding up the slots, custom skins could sorta compress it a little. Some characters from the same game would have essentially the same moves, let's use Spyro and Cynder for an example. So instead of putting both Spyro and Cynder, you could have one character slot but you can change the skin so you can play as Cynder instead, of course no gameplay for the character would be different since it's just a skin.

3. Satisfy fans
Currently fans are bickering at eachother about which outfit/costume/look a character should have, such as the old fashion version or the new version. If possible, why not both? That'l get fans to calm down a little.

4. More money for the devs:
More things to add to the DLC which means more money for the devs. Skin/Costumes and packs could be sold in the PSN for a little extra cash and I'm certain that people would buy them as long as they are worth the money.

Here are some ideas for skins/costumes that don't include the original costume.

• Sackboy

Yellowhead, Maybe he mimics the costume of a character on the field but LBP style? I feel like that's too much to ask for so anything for Sackboy could be added, maybe a crown as well.

• Ratchet:

Deadlocked, A Crash in Time

• Crash

Carbon, Fake, Evil, New/Classic

• Spyro:

Cynder

• Sweet Tooth

Starhawk Edition

• Fat Princess

Blue Princess

• Cole

Evil Cole, Vampire Cole, Reaper Cole, Kessler

• Kratos

Ares Armor, Hydra Armor, Dark, Legionnaire

• Spike: Ape Escape

Jimmy

• Jak and Daxter

Jak 2, Jak 3, Jak X, Dark Jak

• Ellen - Folklore

Cloaks of Sidhe, Faery, Battlefield, Deep, Dawn, Twilight, Midnight Sun

• King of All Cosmos

RoboKing, Regal King, Poet King, Purple Tights

• John Marston

Zombie

• Sora:

Toony, Halloween Town, Tron, Organization xiii, Roxas

• Chell:

Humanized Glad0s

• Dante

Classic Long-white hair.

• Beat: Jet Set Radio

Yoyo

• Isaac Clarke

John Carver, Daft Space

• Snake

Young, Old, Big Boss

• Pyramid Head

Tux, Daft Pyramid

• Rayman

Rabbid Suit

• Castle Crashers

All colors, Organization XII, Skeleton, Necromancer, Barbarian

Other ideas:

The idea above would really give off the celebration of Playstation feel..

Anyone like the idea and have anything else to add? I could think of more but not at the moment.

Message 103 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Re: Alternate Skins/Costumes for Characters

Jun 12, 2012

Majority off those characters where from earlier when I suggested them weren't they

Message 1 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 12, 2012

No, I actually haven't seen any of your posts and I've been posting comments about these guys and different skins for a while now ( the 6 days I've been here xD ). But I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same thoughts!    

The thread itself right now isn't really so hot, but in other threads people approve of this idea and I see a lot more suggestions for it now. Is there anything here than anyone disagrees with?

Message 2 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Add me on psn. And there could be a kessler skin for cole, and instead of doll face, it could be mister grim or a blue fire headed sweet tooth, I also think that ratchet and clank could be like the ice climbers in smash bros with an alternate costume of jak and daxter, I like the sack boy idea, and what if tron was his own character?

Message 3 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Maybe we could have Globox as an alternate Rayman skin, Evil, fake and carbon crash as alts for Crash, etc.

Also, maybe omniflux armor for Ratchet.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 4 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Spike becoming Specter doesn't really make sense.  If anything, his alternate costume should be Jimmy.

Message 5 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 12, 2012

sackchief wrote:

Spike becoming Specter doesn't really make sense.  If anything, his alternate costume should be Jimmy.

Yeah, I kinda figured. I'll fix that now. Specter would be better off as his own character, but I don't expect both of them.

crazy_e_123 wrote:

Add me on psn. And there could be a kessler skin for cole, and instead of doll face, it could be mister grim or a blue fire headed sweet tooth, I also think that ratchet and clank could be like the ice climbers in smash bros with an alternate costume of jak and daxter, I like the sack boy idea, and what if tron was his own character?

If Jak and Daxter don't have their own thing going on and have essentially the same moves as Ratchet and Clank, then it would make sense to have the same character but different skins. I was thinking that Skins would either be different versions of the character or different characters from the same game. I feel as if it would confuse players if Jak and Daxter was a skin rather than their own character slot. As for Tron, I would still like to see the Tron outfit as a skin for Sora. I think their would be a better chance of seeing Sora in a Tron outfit rather than Tron. I personally love Tron, a beyond huge fan.

Message 6 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I see how the whole jak and daxter skin would create confusion.. And as for the tron dillemma, I don't see how the moves would equate with the light bike, the discs, light swords and so on and so forth.. Again add me on psn at crazy_e_123... Another idea that I had was ether having the beast from infamous 2 as a character or a skin for cole but I couldn't decide.

Message 7 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 12, 2012

crazy_e_123 wrote:

I see how the whole jak and daxter skin would create confusion.. And as for the tron dillemma, I don't see how the moves would equate with the light bike, the discs, light swords and so on and so forth.. Again add me on psn at crazy_e_123... Another idea that I had was ether having the beast from infamous 2 as a character or a skin for cole but I couldn't decide.

Yeah I cans see the dilemma in Tron. Don't worry I'll add you on psn as soon as I can, it's a little late over here where I live in and just shut off my ps3 for the day so I'll add you tomorrow. I was thinking about the Beast too. I feel like he'd be like as a giant character in the background but I don't really want another level with a giant character in the background, well I don't want all of them to be like that. I feel like something better could be done for an InFamous level, but maybe he'd be far off in the background instead of so close, punching and smashing the fighters. I really liked the skins I got in InFamous 2 collectors edition and hope all or most of them could be put into this game, because they were pretty sweet.

Message 8 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I pre ordered it and it came with a golden electric rod thing(can't think of the name for it). But that could be unlock able.. That gives me an idea! What if you had a system of customization where you could customize. Their main weapon skin and the characters skin itself.. I can see it where when you select the character it takes you to a screen where you can cycle through the skins and weapon skins.. It's a raw idea but could be polished somehow.. If tron was his own there could be a clu skin

Message 9 of 127 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes