Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

M-Pyre wrote:

the reason why rachet and clank exists is because naughty dog was so kind to give them their engine (the jak and daxter engine). you can look this up if you don't believe me. plus, on the technical side, naughty dog was always 2 steps further then insomniac was. huge lush environments 'without' loading screens! more polygons and much better and much more animation.  

the cast in jak and daxter was also really well voiced (unlike rachet where they bore you to death). plus the jokes were way funnier (they actually had punchlines) 

with jak 2 they upped everything (including the difficulty). more polygons, more animations, much better cutscenes (allot more cinematic), the story had a huge leap in terms of plot, twists and cast, a huge city with all sorts of things to do.  and all this 'without out loading times'.

rachet and clank 2 was literally more of the same. the only huge difference was that you have more weapons to chose from and you can upgrade them.

now jak 3 was the best combination of jak 1 and 2. the graphics look even more polished (but no so much) more animations, even better cutscenes, allot of variety in the missions, allot of collectables, a dessert which is 5 times as big as the huge city in jak 2. awesome vehicles to chose from and a surprise ending. plus the guns, the guns in jak 3 are over the top. imho, I think that they are better then any weapon in the rachet series, but thats just me.

the reason why rachet is more popular now is because they made several more on the ps3, which ultimately leads to them having a bigger fan base. but back in the day, jak was the supreme ruler. jak always had higher ratings (this may have changed with the HD versions and rachet having a bigger fanbase now)

but all in all, jak and daxter triumphs in each and every way.

really? ratchet and clank 2 and 3 made me laugh quite a ew times xD jak never really made me laugh, it made me chuckle a few times yes, but never laugh like R&C did

then I guess that you are the kind of person who laughs at shallow/dry humor and probably didn't catch the punchlines or clue's in the jak and daxter series.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 41 of 45 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Sep 28, 2012

There has actually been this little rumor going around that Mike erwin is the voice actor but Superbot decide to give him those bad lines that you heard and mark down his voice a couple of notches. If this is the case then I still got respect for mike erwin because at least he showed up to do it, probably not knowing though that thyey would have did that to him. Because, we fans, ND, and mike erwin all know that Jak in this game is not Jak. Daxter is Daxter perfectly but Jak isnt. 

So then the 2nd question is, why did they decide to keep Daxters voice and lines intact while Jak's isn't. Only logically explaination is that Jak is a little to violent and badass for PSASBR. As you see in the video I posted this clearly is just not Jak in PSASBR.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 42 of 45 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Sep 28, 2012

M-Pyre wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

M-Pyre wrote:

the reason why rachet and clank exists is because naughty dog was so kind to give them their engine (the jak and daxter engine). you can look this up if you don't believe me. plus, on the technical side, naughty dog was always 2 steps further then insomniac was. huge lush environments 'without' loading screens! more polygons and much better and much more animation.  

the cast in jak and daxter was also really well voiced (unlike rachet where they bore you to death). plus the jokes were way funnier (they actually had punchlines) 

with jak 2 they upped everything (including the difficulty). more polygons, more animations, much better cutscenes (allot more cinematic), the story had a huge leap in terms of plot, twists and cast, a huge city with all sorts of things to do.  and all this 'without out loading times'.

rachet and clank 2 was literally more of the same. the only huge difference was that you have more weapons to chose from and you can upgrade them.

now jak 3 was the best combination of jak 1 and 2. the graphics look even more polished (but no so much) more animations, even better cutscenes, allot of variety in the missions, allot of collectables, a dessert which is 5 times as big as the huge city in jak 2. awesome vehicles to chose from and a surprise ending. plus the guns, the guns in jak 3 are over the top. imho, I think that they are better then any weapon in the rachet series, but thats just me.

the reason why rachet is more popular now is because they made several more on the ps3, which ultimately leads to them having a bigger fan base. but back in the day, jak was the supreme ruler. jak always had higher ratings (this may have changed with the HD versions and rachet having a bigger fanbase now)

but all in all, jak and daxter triumphs in each and every way.

really? ratchet and clank 2 and 3 made me laugh quite a ew times xD jak never really made me laugh, it made me chuckle a few times yes, but never laugh like R&C did

then I guess that you are the kind of person who laughs at shallow/dry humor and probably didn't catch the punchlines or clue's in the jak and daxter series.

Lol. I know right because Daxter is known for his humor. Jak is the badass who always get and go looking for trouble/danger and daxter is the commentary jokster lol. Even though Jak is jak though he had some slight humors, especially in Jak II lmao!

Only time will tell.
Message 43 of 45 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I'm pretty sur mike Erwin quit. If he didn't why did they get another voice actor for Jak in Lost Frontier
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 44 of 45 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Sep 28, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
I'm pretty sur mike Erwin quit. If he didn't why did they get another voice actor for Jak in Lost Frontier

Mike erwin didnt quit. Its stated by multiple sites that he actually is voicing Jak. TLF wasnt voice by Mike erwin correct. But Mike erwin did voice jak in PSMH which was in 2011 so that shows he didnt quit. He just wasnt availble. Honestly I like how he didnt do Jaks voice in TLF because that would have made him look bad. By missing that role he saved his repuation.

Only time will tell.
Message 45 of 45 (36 Views)
0 Likes