Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Also, you said that the Jak series got better scores. These are the metacritic scores for the original trilogies. 

Ratchet and Clank: 88

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando: 90

Ratchet and Clank - Up Your Arsenal: 91

Jak and Daxter: 90

Jak 2: 87

Jak 3: 84

To be fair, this doesn't really prove anything except that you made a biased-fanboy statement.

Your not slick. I know where you got those ratings from. Those R&C scores are from the HD collection while those J&D are from the ps2 version. Nice try. Ive already looked up the scores in the past. 

No he's totally right rotfl, at least having the decency to shut up... They're all great games anyway.

Message 31 of 45 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Also, you said that the Jak series got better scores. These are the metacritic scores for the original trilogies. 

To be fair, this doesn't really prove anything except that you made a biased-fanboy statement.

Don't forget to mention how Inomniac kept it's series going after the Ps2. Maybe Naughty Dog just didn't have faith in Jak anymore, and forgot it alltogether for a more realistic shooter (Uncharted) while Insonmiac has had, what, 4 Ratchet games on The PS3 so far (with a new one coming out sooon)

Don't start saying im the fanboy. We were here talking about Jak II and his voice acting and you just decide to say thats why R&C is better. Your the guy who made the fan biased statement. Dont bring up R&C in a J&D topic. Its just straight common sense. Your just asking to start a war by doing that. Btw theres a strong point why ND couldn conitue J&D. Most ppl dont know the two stars behind J&D and ND left years ago. Imso was keeping their series going because everybody was still intact and wasnt addicted to realism and and cinematics. Once both Andy gavin and Jason Rubin left ND, they basically took Jak with them. Their basically responsible for the whole entire game itself. JR was the director and AG was the designer.

They have both stated that a new J&D game is high in demand. ND tried to make a ne J&D game but they failed for a couple reasons.. they said they would come back to it after TLOU. But anyway, both Pre Exis CO founders said if they were still with ND then they would have made the J&D game. So as you can see Imso has the clear advantage here. Btw Jak X counts as a real jak game which makes 4 all together.

But seriously dude, if you would have kept it on topic this wouldnt have happened. Never bring up R&C in a J&D discussion and vise versa.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 32 of 45 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 28, 2012

barker09 wrote:

actually i just recently played ratchet and clank (only because of the collection) for the first time, and i did enjoy them quite a bit more than jak (not saying jak is a bad game but yeah)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 33 of 45 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 28, 2012

M-Pyre wrote:

the reason why rachet and clank exists is because naughty dog was so kind to give them their engine (the jak and daxter engine). you can look this up if you don't believe me. plus, on the technical side, naughty dog was always 2 steps further then insomniac was. huge lush environments 'without' loading screens! more polygons and much better and much more animation.  

the cast in jak and daxter was also really well voiced (unlike rachet where they bore you to death). plus the jokes were way funnier (they actually had punchlines) 

with jak 2 they upped everything (including the difficulty). more polygons, more animations, much better cutscenes (allot more cinematic), the story had a huge leap in terms of plot, twists and cast, a huge city with all sorts of things to do.  and all this 'without out loading times'.

rachet and clank 2 was literally more of the same. the only huge difference was that you have more weapons to chose from and you can upgrade them.

now jak 3 was the best combination of jak 1 and 2. the graphics look even more polished (but no so much) more animations, even better cutscenes, allot of variety in the missions, allot of collectables, a dessert which is 5 times as big as the huge city in jak 2. awesome vehicles to chose from and a surprise ending. plus the guns, the guns in jak 3 are over the top. imho, I think that they are better then any weapon in the rachet series, but thats just me.

the reason why rachet is more popular now is because they made several more on the ps3, which ultimately leads to them having a bigger fan base. but back in the day, jak was the supreme ruler. jak always had higher ratings (this may have changed with the HD versions and rachet having a bigger fanbase now)

but all in all, jak and daxter triumphs in each and every way.

really? ratchet and clank 2 and 3 made me laugh quite a ew times xD jak never really made me laugh, it made me chuckle a few times yes, but never laugh like R&C did

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 34 of 45 (78 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 28, 2012

All we did was state our opinion on Jak 2, and you got all offended, declaring the Jak series as superior. You got your pride all tangled up in this discussion. 

And no, those review scores were for the original PS2 versions. Again, that didn't prove anything but your ability to turn opinion into fact.

Message 35 of 45 (62 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Sep 28, 2012

This thread has been cleaned up a bit. Please keep it on-topic. Smiley Happy

space_cape!!

Message 36 of 45 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Lmao mods deleted stuff
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 37 of 45 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Now that the mod cleared things up, ready to get back on topic guys?

Only time will tell.
Message 38 of 45 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 28, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
Lmao mods deleted stuff

not really that surprising....

Play For Fun!
Message 39 of 45 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 28, 2012

achus93again wrote:

StefanForsell24 wrote:
Lmao mods deleted stuff

not really that surprising....

TOPIC!? lol

Only time will tell.
Message 40 of 45 (24 Views)
0 Likes