Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Agreed, Jak 2 had some seriously bad game design choices. That part on the docks was infamously bad.

 

It just didn't have the same charm the first game had. 


The dock part was the part of the game that made me realize how much better R&C is than Jak. I was able to deal with some **bleep** bottomless pit deaths and being thrown back 10 minutes to the beginning of the mission, but the docks.... ugh. Jak 1 had serious charm, but Naughty Dog realized Ratchet and clank was the overall better game, and decided to make Jak more trigger happy. Jak 3 was good though.

But now back on topic. While Jak was no means bad (I overall liked the games), I am a firm supporter that SB needs to get Jak's voice actor back


 

No actually Jak was the better game series. R&C was made because of J&D. Just like naruto came from Dbz so did R&C from J&D. Also the J&D series have always had better worlds, better gameplay and better ratings and better plots.

 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 21 of 45 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/01/2012
Offline
3500 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

i havent played jak 3 yet. I might get the collection when its cheaper

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 22 of 45 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

I agree with the guys saying Jak 2 was unfair in certain points. Jak 3 and the original one are a lot better. The storyline and the characters started to become good in Jak 2 though.

 

I don't understand anyway, where did you guys heard Jak speaking in PSABR? Why do you say its voice sucks?

Message 23 of 45 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1789 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

No actually Jak was the better game series. R&C was made because of J&D. Just like naruto came from Dbz so did R&C from J&D. Also the J&D series have always had better worlds, better gameplay and better ratings and better plots.

 


It's just our opinion, you don't have to get all offended. And don't excuse your opinions for facts.

 

How do you know that Ratchet was made because of Jak? Did you work at Insomniac? 3D platformers were still popular after the N64/PSX era, and Insomniac had proven with Spyro that they could make a good one. Who says that it was directly inspired by Jak when great games like Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie had already done something similar?

Message 24 of 45 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1789 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

Also, you said that the Jak series got better scores. These are the metacritic scores for the original trilogies. 

 

Ratchet and Clank: 88

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando: 90

Ratchet and Clank - Up Your Arsenal: 91

 

Jak and Daxter: 90

Jak 2: 87

Jak 3: 84

 

To be fair, this doesn't really prove anything except that you made a biased-fanboy statement.

Message 25 of 45 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
1736 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

barker09 wrote:

Also, you said that the Jak series got better scores. These are the metacritic scores for the original trilogies. 

 

Ratchet and Clank: 88

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando: 90

Ratchet and Clank - Up Your Arsenal: 91

 

Jak and Daxter: 90

Jak 2: 87

Jak 3: 84

 

To be fair, this doesn't really prove anything except that you made a biased-fanboy statement.


Don't forget to mention how Inomniac kept it's series going after the Ps2. Maybe Naughty Dog just didn't have faith in Jak anymore, and forgot it alltogether for a more realistic shooter (Uncharted) while Insonmiac has had, what, 4 Ratchet games on The PS3 so far (with a new one coming out sooon)

Message 26 of 45 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
256 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

the reason why rachet and clank exists is because naughty dog was so kind to give them their engine (the jak and daxter engine). you can look this up if you don't believe me. plus, on the technical side, naughty dog was always 2 steps further then insomniac was. huge lush environments 'without' loading screens! more polygons and much better and much more animation.  

 

the cast in jak and daxter was also really well voiced (unlike rachet where they bore you to death). plus the jokes were way funnier (they actually had punchlines) 

 

with jak 2 they upped everything (including the difficulty). more polygons, more animations, much better cutscenes (allot more cinematic), the story had a huge leap in terms of plot, twists and cast, a huge city with all sorts of things to do.  and all this 'without out loading times'.

 

rachet and clank 2 was literally more of the same. the only huge difference was that you have more weapons to chose from and you can upgrade them.

 

now jak 3 was the best combination of jak 1 and 2. the graphics look even more polished (but no so much) more animations, even better cutscenes, allot of variety in the missions, allot of collectables, a dessert which is 5 times as big as the huge city in jak 2. awesome vehicles to chose from and a surprise ending. plus the guns, the guns in jak 3 are over the top. imho, I think that they are better then any weapon in the rachet series, but thats just me.

 

the reason why rachet is more popular now is because they made several more on the ps3, which ultimately leads to them having a bigger fan base. but back in the day, jak was the supreme ruler. jak always had higher ratings (this may have changed with the HD versions and rachet having a bigger fanbase now)

 

but all in all, jak and daxter triumphs in each and every way.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 27 of 45 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
256 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

they must get the original voice actor for jak

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 28 of 45 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

barker09 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

No actually Jak was the better game series. R&C was made because of J&D. Just like naruto came from Dbz so did R&C from J&D. Also the J&D series have always had better worlds, better gameplay and better ratings and better plots.

 


It's just our opinion, you don't have to get all offended. And don't excuse your opinions for facts.

 

How do you know that Ratchet was made because of Jak? Did you work at Insomniac? 3D platformers were still popular after the N64/PSX era, and Insomniac had proven with Spyro that they could make a good one. Who says that it was directly inspired by Jak when great games like Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie had already done something similar?


 

My statements were actually facts. Its be said for years. Im talking about the original 3 games for both series because you obviously ccant compare the ps3 games with the ps2 games. It was stated that R&C dev were inspired by Jak & Daxter. Imsoniac admired J&D so thats when they said ok, now we want to do somemthing like this. Thats why I used the dbz and naruto example because its exactly like that. R&C even used J&D engine to make their games. 

 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 29 of 45 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Alright fans & Superbot. I made a video for Jak's voice.

Sep 28, 2012

barker09 wrote:

Also, you said that the Jak series got better scores. These are the metacritic scores for the original trilogies. 

 

Ratchet and Clank: 88

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando: 90

Ratchet and Clank - Up Your Arsenal: 91

 

Jak and Daxter: 90

Jak 2: 87

Jak 3: 84

 

To be fair, this doesn't really prove anything except that you made a biased-fanboy statement.


Your not slick. I know where you got those ratings from. Those R&C scores are from the HD collection while those J&D are from the ps2 version. Nice try. Ive already looked up the scores in the past. 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 30 of 45 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes