Nov 22 2012
By: Wzrd1 First Son 1 posts

Allowing multiple profiles offline would help tremendously!

6 replies 1334 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

Allowing players to have multiple profiles offline would help this game's offline play value tremendously.  It would give friends who play the game often more initiative to play it and rank up their favorite characters.  The profiles could be regulated in the same way that offline Call of Duty profiles are regulated, through a small save file for each.  Letting each player customize their set of characters individually would add an element of diversity to offline play that can currently only be experienced in online play.  Mind you, this is no where near a necessity; the game is definitely great as is, and will see a ton of play from both me and my friends. But, the fact that I am the only one leveling up on screen and the only one able to customize my character in this way does annoy my friends.  For simplicity's sake, if this feature were to be added, all that would be needed to be changed would be a moving of the "characters" option under 'customize' into the "profile" option.  The "profile" option could be renamed "profiles" or "profile management" and upon selecting it, it would prompt you to choose from an already created profile or to create a new profile.  If they wanted to give the "solo" portion of the game more replay value, they could also move the "goals" option into the "profile" option and allow multiple profiles to play through and complete the goals.  Functionality could also be given to the versus match screen to create profiles while selecting characters (similar to the way brawl allows players to create names at character select).  I just think that this would help attract friends, who would otherwise not touch the game past multiplayer offline, and have them come to like the game much more.

Message 1 of 7 (1,334 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Allowing multiple profiles offline would help tremendously!

Nov 22, 2012
I would love to see this feature too, but I don't think SuperBot thinks the same or how difficult it would be for SuperBOT to change the game to fit this.

I hoep there is enough demand for this though.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 7 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I bought this game specifically for the offline multiplayer, and the fact that only P1 gets to enjoy the benefits of leveling up is very annoying.  I seriously hope this was just an oversight that will be patched very soon...

Message 3 of 7 (1,088 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 9, 2013
;0
Message 4 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jan 10, 2013
This kind of feature is why I appreciate games like Starhawk or LittleBigPlanet. Forcing guest status is WEAK.
Message 5 of 7 (1,075 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Here here. It definitely is a bummer for players 2-4, for the customization options, and not seeing your own name on screen. Instead, it's the run-of-the-mill _*insert name*_(2), etc. Problem is, I'm not sure it's something you can just patch in. Haven't other games that have done this done it from the start, instead of patching it in?
Message 6 of 7 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 10, 2013
The best way to tell this to Superbot is to email them. They actually respond to emails quite often, and they will have a WAY better chance at seeing it then just posting in a forum. I'd try that route. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes