Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: All stars 2 thoughts

Sep 20, 2012

Yeah I agree that a party game'd suck. That was just an example. In fact most genres would be awful but there could also be a few gems in there and it'd keep the franchise from going stale. After all if it was more or less the same group of characters fighting each other every game then the series would be as varied as COD. Truth be told I thought more people would have a fantasy scenario with these characters that they'd like to have seen acted out in a game, even if it was just hypothetical. lol

Message 11 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I really think a big draw for All-Stars 2 will be adding more characters to already-represented series.

They already kind of tested those waters with Evil Cole.

Message 12 of 20 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 21, 2012

This sounds terrible.

Message 13 of 20 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 21, 2012

It should stay as a fighter.

Playstation sig
Message 14 of 20 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Oooo, we are talking about a sequal of the game, but as a party game? Smiley Surprised

NO WAY! That would suck Smiley Tongue

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 15 of 20 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 21, 2012
If there ever was to be a sequelnit should styay a fighter just with new characters,new story,new items,stages,all that stuff.
Message 16 of 20 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Sep 21, 2012

racing version is caled modnation the platforming ones called lbp.. 

Message 17 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

I-Dentity- wrote:

Oooo, we are talking about a sequal of the game, but as a party game? Smiley Surprised

NO WAY! That would suck Smiley Tongue

No ._. Did u even read the 1st post. It's not even strictly about the sequel. It's essentially about where you'd like the franchise to go. Should it risk branching out and trying something new and if so what (a party game was given as a bad example tbf) or would you want it to do the same stuff over and over and risk going stale.

Message 18 of 20 (72 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Let's think for a second. Fighting games allow all the charecters to exspresss themselves because even the charecters who aren't war hardened like sackboy, and toro can add humor to the game. This adds a perfect balance of maturity for those who want it and immaturity for those who want that but in a kart racer there can be no seriousness. Can you imagine kratos and Ethan mars both screaming as the leaned into a drift while speeding through sandover village? not without smiling you can't and that is the point. serious charecters should be serious. Nathan drake wouldn't be nathan drake in a go kart tennis court, or soft ball field, he'd be a parody of nathan drake, and I would have no interest. 

Message 19 of 20 (59 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 21, 2012

If a kart racer was made, imagine how much more accusations of Nintendo idea theft sony / superbot / whatever dev makes it, would get.

That said, I think it could be cool. Different tracks based on different game worlds would be the draw of that for me. And I mean, it would just a be a bit of fun. Nariko and Kratos in go-karts would be funny, I think y'all just need to lighten up.

I'd be open to the idea, but like I said, there's be no end to the accusations of rip-offery.

Sega did it, and it rocked imo.

As for a party game a la mario party, well, tbh I can see that just being a bit of a mess.

Message 20 of 20 (55 Views)
0 Likes