Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: All-Stars needs a new title

Sep 23, 2012
I find it funny how the controversial characters seem to have had the most care put into them and seem to be the most fun to play, yet people assume SuperBot doesn't care about fans when they see these characters in the game. They care so much that they put extra effort into making them worth the spot they take up.

This isn't aimed at this thread, just a general comment.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Eh not bad, I see where you are coming from and at times I can agree. We all have to use rational thought when figuring out the character choices. But we also have to keep in mind Superbot is picking who they think is fun to use as a fighter, let alone a character they have permission to include. That being said, I also know Superbot at one point stated that they haven't had much trouble with getting the characters they want, give or take a few.

I'm quite disappointed with how they misused TGS. I'm a fan of jrpg games, it's my core of gaming. So far even though I pre ordered this game, I'm questioning how long I'll actually enjoy it. When a lot of my friends say "it's for marketing, it'll flop" I had always laughed and said no give it time. Well they've had time. I don't see a single jrpg rep. So I'm being ignored. And I'm slightly starting to agree with how this game will do.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 12 of 36 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Oh my god, this is stupid. Are you new to the forums? Because most of the stuff you've complained about has been explained

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 13 of 36 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Goniloc wrote:

Oh my god, this is stupid. Are you new to the forums? Because most of the stuff you've complained about has been explained

it was the persons first postSmiley Tongue but yeah i read it all, i...really disagree with most of it, EVERY character has meaning to playstation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Why-are-you-guys-complaining/m-p... heres a thread i made a while back, why every character deserves to be in the game, and i have several more reasons, just posted the basics.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 14 of 36 (110 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Sep 23, 2012
We need Kazuma Kiryu

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 36 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:
We need Kazuma Kiryu

^ this finally more people are asking for him

Message 16 of 36 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Such tiny font.
Message 17 of 36 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Oh boy, another one of THESE threads.

Look, this game is a mascot fighter. These kinds of games are MEANT to be advertisements. Yes it includes popular characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake for the fans, but they are also there as advertisements for their own franchises to new players who have just got into the Playstation brand. Cole is an advertisement to new players for the inFAMOUS series, Ratchet and Clank are an advertisement to new players for the Ratchet and Clank series, etc etc.

Look at Smash Bros. Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo's franchises. It's not just fanservice. It's also there for new players to the Nintendo brand to become familiar with its franchises. How many people knew about Fire Emblem before Marth and Roy were put in Melee? Not many to my knowledge. The characters included in Smash Bros advertised and sparked interest for their franchise.

The same thing is happening here with All-Stars. Yes it's a fan-service effort and a celebration of the Playstation brand, but that's not all that it is. It's a showcase of Sony's past, present, and future to new players, designed to get them interested in playing the games these characters came from.

Why do you think Snake was put in Smash Bros? Because Hideo Kojima wanted to get him in and spark interest in the Metal Gear series among Nintendo fans. Guess what? It worked because I'm now a fan of Metal Gear thanks to Snake being in Brawl.

Big Daddy's inclusion is likely a very similar story. To spark interest in Bioshock. 

Developers want to expose their game to as many people as possible, and mascot brawlers are an ideal spot for it.

Mascot brawlers are about bringing ALL the fans together, old AND new. They bring in the old by putting in fan-favorites. And at the same time they put in characters that promote upcoming games. This isn't surprising since the fan-favorite characters are generating interest in their own franchises for new fans by being in the game.

Message 18 of 36 (89 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 23, 2012

SmashRasenganX wrote:

Oh boy, another one of THESE threads.

Look, this game is a mascot fighter. These kinds of games are MEANT to be advertisements. Yes it includes popular characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake for the fans, but they are also there as advertisements for their own franchises to new players who have just got into the Playstation brand. Cole is an advertisement to new players for the inFAMOUS series, Ratchet and Clank are an advertisement to new players for the Ratchet and Clank series, etc etc.

Look at Smash Bros. Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo's franchises. It's not just fanservice. It's also there for new players to the Nintendo brand to become familiar with its franchises. How many people knew about Fire Emblem before Marth and Roy were put in Melee? Not many to my knowledge. The characters included in Smash Bros advertised and sparked interest for their franchise.

The same thing is happening here with All-Stars. Yes it's a fan-service effort and a celebration of the Playstation brand, but that's not all that it is. It's a showcase of Sony's past, present, and future to new players, designed to get them interested in playing the games these characters came from.

Why do you think Snake was put in Smash Bros? Because Hideo Kojima wanted to get him in and spark interest in the Metal Gear series among Nintendo fans. Guess what? It worked because I'm now a fan of Metal Gear thanks to Snake being in Brawl.

Big Daddy's inclusion is likely a very similar story. To spark interest in Bioshock. 

Developers want to expose their game to as many people as possible, and mascot brawlers are an ideal spot for it.

Mascot brawlers are about bringing ALL the fans together, old AND new. They bring in the old by putting in fan-favorites. And at the same time they put in characters that promote upcoming games. This isn't surprising since the fan-favorite characters are generating interest in their own franchises for new fans by being in the game.

hahaha exactlySmiley Tongue i feel like i was the only one that really knew about pitt and all before brawl >.>

Message 19 of 36 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 23, 2012
This is going to be the second day ever (and in a row, for that matter) where I've run out of daily Kudos. So many people with logical statements. It warms the cockles of my heart.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 20 of 36 (84 Views)
0 Likes