Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 10 2012
By: EmperorCommodus First Son 2 posts

Akuji The Heartless?

9 replies 317 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

Hellow everybody, please forgive me if we aren't supposed to make threads on stuff like this, I'm new here :smileywink:

I'm really excited about this game and the potential for seeing old characters who have long since been forgotten. But as you all probably know more than I do (Having just found out about this game yesterday) I wanted to ask about a characer.

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/RonnyGreen/akujisymbol.jpg[/IMG]

Will Akuji The Heartless be in this game?

Maybe some of you remember the character? He was a Voodoo priest who was killed on his wedding day, with his heart ripped out, he was sent to Hell and had to fight his way back to the world in order to exact his venegance and be reuinited with his wife.

It was one of the Playstations most underrated, atmospheric games and I've always felt it deserved more attention.

Is there any chance of this guy appearing in the game?

Message 1 of 10 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Akuji The Heartless?

Oct 10, 2012
Doubtful. As it stands right now, all characters have been announced, all we can hope for now is the fan favourites to be made DLC.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Welcome! :smileyhappy:

Character like Akuji and other obscure character technically can be in the game,but considering a relativley poor roster of max 25 character,I think that SuperBot should count on character that made the history of Playstation, and Akuji would be perfect for a roster of....maybe 70 character,but surely not a roster of neither 25 char. On my tought of course!

firma.PNG

Message 3 of 10 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

You make a very good point of course, space is limited. B...

Oct 10, 2012

You make a very good point of course, space is limited. But the thing is that games like Akuji really helped exemplify the darker tone of the Playstation back in the 1990's. It was a console that was taking risks, telling dark stories with complex characters.

In many ways, games like Akuji The Heartless helped pave the way for the surrealism and brutality of games such as God of War.

God, the 90's had such imaginative titles, didn't it? I'm not one for nostalgia, but it really strikes me sometimes how much that decade helped forge the game scene as we know it today.

Message 4 of 10 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: You make a very good point of course, space is limited. B...

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Pretty much if it isn't popular or owned by Sony, it doesn't even have the chance to begin with. Sorry

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 5 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Re: You make a very good point of course, space is limited. B...

Oct 10, 2012

I loved playing the Akuji demo when ever i popped in Gex: 3

Message 6 of 10 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I remember Akuji, but don't remember it as being a very good game, honestly. Same thing with Shadowman...interesting concept that didn't play out very well. Maybe I need to revisit them again, but I doubt that they've aged well.
Message 7 of 10 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Superbot or whoever decides which characters to add to the roster, should look more in depth into Playstations History and not focus on Now characters such as Kat from Gravity Rush (which I enjoy having but not really a allstar to begin with) or Zeus which I think was a waste becuase there is already a God of War character and of course evil cole. Akuji would make a fine character. Maybe not a iconic character, but he sure does fit well into Playstation's history as one of the most gore/action game in its time.
Message 8 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Sick of the trolls
Message 9 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts