PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Re: After playing Sackboy extensively after the patch...

Dec 11, 2012
Yeah mtjj I can help you with that. His higher level combos also require the bounce shield, so it is good to utilize it.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Yes, I can vouch for your skill as a non-spamming sackboy. I still plan on trying to beat you though :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 11, 2012
As for me. I just played a 2 vs 2 ranked match against a user and a guest. The user was a level 999 sackboy spamming. I had to pull out my mic and say "are you retarded, you won't beat me by spamming anymore."
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Dec 11, 2012
^Dat Suck cannon XD. I'm sure with enough pratice you can beat me since I don't get on weekdays that much.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 11, 2012
^cant get on weekdays as much either lol. Suck cannon...xD. I just need to find a few more set ups other than the suck cannon. I found a 2 so far excluding the suck cannon. I can't wait to see your new sackboy :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Yeah I play him a bit differently since our fight, but I still kept a some things. I can now ap burst off of his up grab which I couldn't do before, so that could be worth watching.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 11, 2012

ooh i want to learn sackboy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 11, 2012
@Ginta2468 chunky_shtew wants video proof that he can still win in ranked FFA against good players. Sorry to drag you into this, but any chance you would be able to get that and prove him wrong? He says its not true until someone puts a video of this and that the nerf was to much. I can't do it because my rank is low and I don't know how long it would take to get him to a necessary level. Also I admit it would be a bit of a challenge since I'm average with him. What do you think of this nerf was it fair or not?
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Agree with OP. Ginta's a good SB player, and i'm glad he's putting in the time and effort with the character instead of complaining.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 11, 2012

TwistedAvenger Ginta has replied on another topic that he has a crappy camera but may still make a video. I'll also be playing with him this weekend most likely so we can find out if Sackboy's combos were more affected on the vita or if I'm just playing improperly post-patch. He did say though that post patch 'the controls are tighter for some reason' which does lend credability to my statement that the patch has affected his comboing ability. There's also no denying that his 135 AP standard combo now only does 95 since it doesn't hit that bonus 40 AP 'anti-infinity threashold'. That's a fact, just simple math and something you could test yourself if interested. 

Spent a lot of time playing as Sackboy yesterday and found that his level 2 is best for the FFA envoirnment for most situations, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that Ratchet's 150ap cost level 1 is superior to the 450ap cost of Sackboys level 2. In ap cost alone I can get between 7-9 kills with ratchets 450 AP vs 3 kills max with sackboy's. And I find Ratchets much easier than post-patch Sackboy to earn AP with in FFA. This is just my personal feeling, but I look forward to exploring and learning more about Sackboy  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (147 Views)
0 Likes