Reply
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2590 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I guess it could play a role but with that logic we should get a Darksiders rep cuz THQ's president is the founder of Naughty Dog.


Now that I think about it, having Death in All Stars would be badass.  I think he would be a nice addition.  Could be a nice well-rounded character that focuses mostly on in your face combat.

 

Anyways the CEO of Activision working at Sony before means nothing when it comes to whether Activision will let the IPs it owns be used by Sony.  Seriously how do we know how he left Sony?  Maybe he absolutely hated them and thus finally moved onto be Activision?  

 

Honestly this whole debate about whether X employee working at Y company before and thus having an influence on Z character being in or not is pointless.  No one knows what the relations of these people with Sony are and thus we have no clue if their influence, if any, would be positive or negative.


I'm not going to keep arguing with you about this, but I think the thing we have to keep in mind is that this was a significant step up from the position he held at Sony. At Sony he was more of a market manager than anything else, but at Activision he's the CEO. I would generaly say there's a better chance that he left Sony on good terms than Omar left Activision on good terms. On thing for sure if Crash and Spyro aren't in then Eric the CEO at Activision is a major A-hole. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 11 of 18 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
2858 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I guess it could play a role but with that logic we should get a Darksiders rep cuz THQ's president is the founder of Naughty Dog.


Now that I think about it, having Death in All Stars would be badass.  I think he would be a nice addition.  Could be a nice well-rounded character that focuses mostly on in your face combat.

 

Anyways the CEO of Activision working at Sony before means nothing when it comes to whether Activision will let the IPs it owns be used by Sony.  Seriously how do we know how he left Sony?  Maybe he absolutely hated them and thus finally moved onto be Activision?  

 

Honestly this whole debate about whether X employee working at Y company before and thus having an influence on Z character being in or not is pointless.  No one knows what the relations of these people with Sony are and thus we have no clue if their influence, if any, would be positive or negative.


I'm not going to keep arguing with you about this, but I think the thing we have to keep in mind is that this was a significant step up from the position he held at Sony. At Sony he was more of a market manager than anything else, but at Activision he's the CEO. I would generaly say there's a better chance that he left Sony on good terms than Omar left Activision on good terms. On thing for sure if Crash and Spyro aren't in then Eric the CEO at Activision is a major A-hole. 



All I'm saying is that former connections to other companies have a very small chance of actually influencing decisions.  At this point it is obvious people are over analyzing the smallest things to try and "prove" a certain character has a higher chance of being in the game.  Until SB confirms all the characters in the game there isn't a single character that has a higher chance of being in over others.  It for the most part is just an even playing-field.  There are positives factors and negative factors for each possible character and in the end they almost all just level out.  There's basically three months until the games out.  That isn't much time at all.  You'll know the final roster soon enough.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 12 of 18 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2590 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I guess it could play a role but with that logic we should get a Darksiders rep cuz THQ's president is the founder of Naughty Dog.


Now that I think about it, having Death in All Stars would be badass.  I think he would be a nice addition.  Could be a nice well-rounded character that focuses mostly on in your face combat.

 

Anyways the CEO of Activision working at Sony before means nothing when it comes to whether Activision will let the IPs it owns be used by Sony.  Seriously how do we know how he left Sony?  Maybe he absolutely hated them and thus finally moved onto be Activision?  

 

Honestly this whole debate about whether X employee working at Y company before and thus having an influence on Z character being in or not is pointless.  No one knows what the relations of these people with Sony are and thus we have no clue if their influence, if any, would be positive or negative.


I'm not going to keep arguing with you about this, but I think the thing we have to keep in mind is that this was a significant step up from the position he held at Sony. At Sony he was more of a market manager than anything else, but at Activision he's the CEO. I would generaly say there's a better chance that he left Sony on good terms than Omar left Activision on good terms. On thing for sure if Crash and Spyro aren't in then Eric the CEO at Activision is a major A-hole. 



All I'm saying is that former connections to other companies have a very small chance of actually influencing decisions.  At this point it is obvious people are over analyzing the smallest things to try and "prove" a certain character has a higher chance of being in the game.  Until SB confirms all the characters in the game there isn't a single character that has a higher chance of being in over others.  It for the most part is just an even playing-field.  There are positives factors and negative factors for each possible character and in the end they almost all just level out.  There's basically three months until the games out.  That isn't much time at all.  You'll know the final roster soon enough.


Well you might be right about Omar formally working for Activision migh not have a big effect on their chances we'll wait and see, but you can't tell me that the CEO of Activision formally working for Sony doesn't have an effect on their chances of getting in, the CEO is possibly the biggest influence on their company, as long as he left Sony on good terms, which is likely theres no reason to think he wouldn't let them have to IP's for a "small" fee. Oh and just to add on to the statement you made about no one being confirmed, uh I think Ratchet and Clank have a slightly better chance of getting in this game then Brett FavreSmiley Happy 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 13 of 18 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012
I agree with it not meaning anything. If the CEO of Activision held his former position with Sony in high regard than wouldnt CoD be better on the ps3 wouldnt the DLC go to PS3 first?? none of that has happened. If Crash and Spyro make it in it is because they wanted the money and marketing. Not because he's buddy buddy with his old company... and yes Death should totally be in haha
Message 14 of 18 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2590 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

COD has traditionally sold more on Xbox then PS3, I'm still not sure that you could sy the overall experience is better on the Xbox though, Eric helped market the PS3. Activision would make a good sum of money by allowing Crash and Spyro to be in all stars, marketing wouldn't really be a factor since there hasn't been a Crash game in like 4 years and Spyro won't be a main character in the next Skylanders game ( thank God ). 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 15 of 18 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2590 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

Sorry about the angry respones before, but you know. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 16 of 18 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
615 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

The way I see it, Superbot can just grease Activision's palms a bit to get them in the game.

Message 17 of 18 (58 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2590 posts
 

Re: Activision CEO formally worked for Sony

Jul 20, 2012

popexplosion2000 wrote:

The way I see it, Superbot can just grease Activision's palms a bit to get them in the game.


Exactly. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 18 of 18 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes