Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: According to Paul Gale.

Oct 7, 2012
Ah, I read somewhere that they made a loss of over a billion dollars. Didn't know that was a good year for them lol. Things are going to be really shaky for them for a while with the Vita not quite hitting its stride yet. I'm expecting a change over the next 2-3 years though. As far as handing over bags of cash to Activision is concerned, look at it from a business perspective people, they do that now and they have to assume they'll cover that cost in there profits, as well as give Activision more of an incentive to up the price for the IPs they hold when it concerns games of this manner, which would only hurt the development of the possible sequel, whenever that comes (I'm expecting it on the next gen Playstation console).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 11 of 13 (61 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 7, 2012
A lot of Sony's losses are from other divisions, which is why they lose so much money. Their games divisions has profited at least somewhat since 2010; their TVs are where the BIG losses sit for them. I'm really not sure why they keep pushing out Sony TVs when they fare so poorly.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 13 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Yeah it is pretty ridiculous, you'd think they'd cut back a little with all the money its cost them but they seem to carry on. I guess maybe because Sony does make a good albeit expensive line up of TVs. It's just not enough to keep up with the competitors who are matching the quality for a cheaper price.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 13 of 13 (56 Views)
0 Likes