Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: About third-party DLC characters...

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Here's my theory.  I think Superbot is giving us these two free DLC characters to pass the time while they finish acquiring the rights for the big boys.  So i figure the next pack would contain highly requested characters that aren't super hard to obtain (the king vs abe) with the characters after that being the big characters like snake, crash, and cloud.  As for rivals, i feel like they'll be in packs from the same company (lara vs cloud, crash vs spyro)  or companies that love the other person's work (snake vs an assassin)

I like that theory. But why Lara vs Cloud? The only connection I can draw is that they were both mercenaries at some point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 11 of 27 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 20, 2012

UnleashedMonkey wrote:
i dont like lara croft. she'd just be another drake(especially if its the new one. dont get me wrong it looks like a good game but it looks A LOT like uncharted). also it seems to be leaning more to xbox anyway w/ timed dlc on that system first.

which brings me to another point, whats the purpose of timed dlc? do people honestly tell themselves "well xbox is gonna get the tomb raider dlc first so ill get it on that system." i have never ever thought that or knew anyone that thought like that.(i own all consoles). when that happens i pretty much just say screw it, ill get the goty for [which ever console i want it on].
its what im gonna do w/ south park. wanted it on my ps3 but after they announced timed exclusive dlc for xbox i just thought to myself ill just wait for the complete edition down the line.

/ends mini rant

I don't understand timed DLC either.  Really though, Uncharted is the one that copied Tomb Raider...  Plus, the new Lara Croft would be very focused on bow-and-arrow combat and melee combat with her climbing pick.  From all the gameplay videos I've seen I don't think I've ever seen her use a gun...  So I don't think she'd be like Drake at all.

Also, to Strife above me, it would be Lara vs Cloud because they're both owned by Square Enix.  That way, it would prevent potentially harmful situations between third-party developers.  That's the only point he and I were trying to make with pairing them together

Message 12 of 27 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Here's my theory.  I think Superbot is giving us these two free DLC characters to pass the time while they finish acquiring the rights for the big boys.  So i figure the next pack would contain highly requested characters that aren't super hard to obtain (the king vs abe) with the characters after that being the big characters like snake, crash, and cloud.  As for rivals, i feel like they'll be in packs from the same company (lara vs cloud, crash vs spyro)  or companies that love the other person's work (snake vs an assassin)

I like that theory. But why Lara vs Cloud? The only connection I can draw is that they were both mercenaries at some point.

Honestly because they're both owned by square enix so there wouldn't be hassle of square collaborating with other companies.  They would have full control over both of the rivalries.  Same thing with activision

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

UnleashedMonkey wrote:
i dont like lara croft. she'd just be another drake(especially if its the new one. dont get me wrong it looks like a good game but it looks A LOT like uncharted). also it seems to be leaning more to xbox anyway w/ timed dlc on that system first.

which brings me to another point, whats the purpose of timed dlc? do people honestly tell themselves "well xbox is gonna get the tomb raider dlc first so ill get it on that system." i have never ever thought that or knew anyone that thought like that.(i own all consoles). when that happens i pretty much just say screw it, ill get the goty for [which ever console i want it on].
its what im gonna do w/ south park. wanted it on my ps3 but after they announced timed exclusive dlc for xbox i just thought to myself ill just wait for the complete edition down the line.

/ends mini rant

I don't understand timed DLC either.  Really though, Uncharted is the one that copied Tomb Raider...  Plus, the new Lara Croft would be very focused on bow-and-arrow combat and melee combat with her climbing pick.  From all the gameplay videos I've seen I don't think I've ever seen her use a gun...  So I don't think she'd be like Drake at all.

Also, to Strife above me, it would be Lara vs Cloud because they're both owned by Square Enix.  That way, it would prevent potentially harmful situations between third-party developers.  That's the only point he and I were trying to make with pairing them together

Ah, I can see that being problematic, and I can also see some developers just being indifferent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 14 of 27 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 20, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

I may get some crap for this, but I'd personally love to see Aveline become the Assassin's Creed rep in this game (if we ever get one).  I realize that she isn't as iconic as Ezio and she's not the "new face of the franchise" like Connor, but she's absolutely the biggest "PlayStation All-Star" out of all four assassins we've played as in past games.  Plus, you can't go wrong with more female additions to the roster

Message 15 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 20, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

I may get some crap for this, but I'd personally love to see Aveline become the Assassin's Creed rep in this game (if we ever get one).  I realize that she isn't as iconic as Ezio and she's not the "new face of the franchise" like Connor, but she's absolutely the biggest "PlayStation All-Star" out of all four assassins we've played as in past games.  Plus, you can't go wrong with more female additions to the roster

i honestly didn't even know her game was out yet.  Shows how out of the loop i am haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 27 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 20, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

musicfreaklam wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

i honestly didn't even know her game was out yet.  Shows how out of the loop i am haha

Haha, ACIII and Liberation were released simultaneously

Message 17 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Dec 21, 2012
altier>ezio(ac2, i found him boring in BH)>aveline>connor>ezio (BH)

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 18 of 27 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 21, 2012

UnleashedMonkey wrote:
altier>ezio(ac2, i found him boring in BH)>aveline>connor>ezio (BH)

Brotherhood and Liberation are the only games I haven't played, but if you're splitting up Ezio into his different games, why did you leave out Revelations?  I actually really liked Revelations, even though many people despised it

Message 19 of 27 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I hope they relaease the. Big Daddy's plushy costume looks sweet, and yes, I am a HUGE fan of the Bioshock series!

Message 20 of 27 (111 Views)
0 Likes