Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: About the limitted-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
I don't even know what that is, but I would NEVER wear a video game shirt in public. It's really nerdy and people tend to... avoid people wearing video game attire...

and what's wrong with video games? How's it different from watching a movie, or playing a board game? 

 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 21 of 42 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: About the limitted-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

musicfreaklam wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Gekidami wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
It's interesting, but I wouldn't wear it in public. I don't want to be fit into that little group

What a horribly shallow life you live. Good thing about growing up is that you can wear whatever you want, adults dont care.


Well, good luck wearing your 18th century militia coat during class. They'll definitely see you as "popular" or "Cool".


But that's the point...  No one cares anymore about being "popular" or "cool" in college.  And if you do I am incredibly sorry, because that's something that should definitely be left behind when you graduate high school.  Everyone has their own group of friends in college no matter how "nerdy" or "uncool" you may be.  I wouldn't give up my friends here at the university for anything.  I truly do feel bad for you 333 if you still believe in "being cool" and "fitting in"...


Are you even in college? It's a pretty big thing in most colleges. I go to a local one, and my brother goes to UVa. My sister goes to William and Mary, and my other brother goes to Boston College; and they all say the same thing I do... It is a pretty big thing to fit in.

It's bigger now, in college, than it ever was in High School or Middle School, for me.

I don't see why you feel bad for me? I have many friends, I'm incredibly popular at my school, I bring my guitar and girls croud around me. I'm not so sure you understand the concept, completely, friend.


Well I'm not going to argue with you.  We all see things differently  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 42 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012
Did you guys buy the shirt or is SuperBot giving them out?
Message 23 of 42 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

To just end the popularity argument. It depends on where you go. The colleges, states, and countries each have different social norms. Also, wearing what you think represents you is the exact same thing as wearing what others view as cool. You are both looking for recognition from people and want to portray a message. Either, "I am a cool guy, look at my clothes!" or "I am different! Go individuality!" 

 

Dispute those points all you like, but the main purpose of clothing besides practicality is to give an image TO OTHER PEOPLE. If 333 wants to fit in and wear what is popular, he is being himself. He wishes to be viewed in the way he feels he deserves. If someone else wants to wear a shirt that they feel defines him, he is being himself. They just have different goals attached. 333 wants to fit in and be in a crowd of people he enjoys being around. The other guy wants to be an individual. Those two goals are both fine.

 

 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 24 of 42 (82 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Did you guys buy the shirt or is SuperBot giving them out?

They bought them off a site called teefury which has a new video game shirt every day 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 25 of 42 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Did you guys buy the shirt or is SuperBot giving them out?

We bought them.  They were only available for one day, and they were 10 bucks a pop

Message 26 of 42 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012
Ah I see.
Message 27 of 42 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Did you guys buy the shirt or is SuperBot giving them out?

We bought them.  They were only available for one day, and they were 10 bucks a pop


The designer still has the rights and can still sell them if he/she wants so you may still be able to buy one 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 28 of 42 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14612 posts
 

Re: About the limitted-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

BigGZ4CZ wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

BigGZ4CZ wrote:

I got the same email as you did, and I'll be wearing it around. I'm not ashamed to wear it in public, after all I want to be a video game designer. If people judge me and think lower of me because of a shirt then those people aren't very great themselves and should rethink their lives. Sorry but I think what you said is somewhat ridiculous.  


Morally, yes. Socially, no.


I've never had a problem making friends or anything of that sort. In highschool I was good friends with a majority of the "popular kids." I've hung out with them on many occassions, gone to parties with them, everything and I'm still friends with them.. Same with college. I've made tons of friends who could care less if I'm a video game fanatic. Some even embrace it. Heck, one of my best friends from the university I used to go to became friends with me because of video games and he was part of the biggest frats on campus. I really don't think it matters to many people as you think it does. But that's my opinion and you have your own. I'm not saying you're wrong but I really just haven't witnessed what you've said in my life I guess.


I am what most would call a nerd. I am constantly setting test curves and doing my homework. Popular people in my snobby town are...well...snobby and materialistic. A girl not getting $500 boots equates to her father hating her. I hang out with other nerds/geeks mostly. The popular people do not care for me outside class. However, the minute a group activity is being done I am popular. 

 

It is very subjective. At my old school, nobody really was part of a popular clique. They were just groups of people, no title attached. It is different from school to school.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 29 of 42 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
437 posts
 

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

I'm in college... I pride myself on the fact that I wear shirts that are sort of (geeky)  I have 2 E.T. shirts. A walking dead shirt that says. W. Al. K. Er. On it (Breaking bad/Walking dead reference) TMNT shirt, marvel shirt. And soon i'll have this.  I think it's just fine to wear this in college.  It's a cool looking shirt. And if people really think you're not worth hanging out with because you're wearing a shirt that's "nerdy" in their opinion, then they aren't people you should WANT to hang out with... And honest 333, if you actually are concerned with being POPULAR in college... wow... I go to the U of MN and my freshman class is 5500 people... I'm only worried about making my own friends and getting involved in what I like.  Not what's the POPULAR thing to do.

Message 30 of 42 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes