Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: About the limitted-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

Gekidami wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
It's interesting, but I wouldn't wear it in public. I don't want to be fit into that little group

What a horribly shallow life you live. Good thing about growing up is that you can wear whatever you want, adults dont care.

Exactly.  I'm 20-years-old and I'd rather show people who I really am through my clothes than dress "cool."  I like people to know what I like and I don't care what they think

Message 11 of 42 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Gekidami wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
It's interesting, but I wouldn't wear it in public. I don't want to be fit into that little group

What a horribly shallow life you live. Good thing about growing up is that you can wear whatever you want, adults dont care.

Well, good luck wearing your 18th century militia coat during class. They'll definitely see you as "popular" or "Cool".

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 12 of 42 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I got the same email as you did, and I'll be wearing it around. I'm not ashamed to wear it in public, after all I want to be a video game designer. If people judge me and think lower of me because of a shirt then those people aren't very great themselves and should rethink their lives. Sorry but I think what you said is somewhat ridiculous.  

Message 13 of 42 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 16, 2012

BigGZ4CZ wrote:

I got the same email as you did, and I'll be wearing it around. I'm not ashamed to wear it in public, after all I want to be a video game designer. If people judge me and think lower of me because of a shirt then those people aren't very great themselves and should rethink their lives. Sorry but I think what you said is somewhat ridiculous.  

Morally, yes. Socially, no.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 14 of 42 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Gekidami wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Well, good luck wearing your 18th century militia coat during class. They'll definitely see you as "popular" or "Cool".

But that's the point...  No one cares anymore about being "popular" or "cool" in college.  And if you do I am incredibly sorry, because that's something that should definitely be left behind when you graduate high school.  Everyone has their own group of friends in college no matter how "nerdy" or "uncool" you may be.  I wouldn't give up my friends here at the university for anything.  I truly do feel bad for you 333 if you still believe in "being cool" and "fitting in"...

Message 15 of 42 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 16, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Gekidami wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

But that's the point...  No one cares anymore about being "popular" or "cool" in college.  And if you do I am incredibly sorry, because that's something that should definitely be left behind when you graduate high school.  Everyone has their own group of friends in college no matter how "nerdy" or "uncool" you may be.  I wouldn't give up my friends here at the university for anything.  I truly do feel bad for you 333 if you still believe in "being cool" and "fitting in"...

Are you even in college? It's a pretty big thing in most colleges. I go to a local one, and my brother goes to UVa. My sister goes to William and Mary, and my other brother goes to Boston College; and they all say the same thing I do... It is a pretty big thing to fit in.

It's bigger now, in college, than it ever was in High School or Middle School, for me.

I don't see why you feel bad for me? I have many friends, I'm incredibly popular at my school, I bring my guitar and girls croud around me. I'm not so sure you understand the concept, completely, friend.

Message 16 of 42 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 16, 2012
I will most proudly wear it in public or with my pyjamas to bed.... nobody really cares about t-shirts that much here in Germany, unless it has some really offensive stuff on it. In fact most people won't even know what it is.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 17 of 42 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

BigGZ4CZ wrote:

Morally, yes. Socially, no.

I've never had a problem making friends or anything of that sort. In highschool I was good friends with a majority of the "popular kids." I've hung out with them on many occassions, gone to parties with them, everything and I'm still friends with them.. Same with college. I've made tons of friends who could care less if I'm a video game fanatic. Some even embrace it. Heck, one of my best friends from the university I used to go to became friends with me because of video games and he was part of the biggest frats on campus. I really don't think it matters to many people as you think it does. But that's my opinion and you have your own. I'm not saying you're wrong but I really just haven't witnessed what you've said in my life I guess.

Message 18 of 42 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2908 posts

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012

Sweet I just checked my email and mine has shipped as well!

It doesn't even look like a "nerdy/geeky" shirt like the ones you'd usually see.

Message 19 of 42 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: About the limited-time PS All-Stars TeeFury shirt

Nov 16, 2012
Its one thing to say you wouldn't wear it in public because you wouldn't feel comfortable, but quite sad if you wouldn't wear something simply because of what others might think. I'd thought society had moved past that - perhaps we are all just a bit too naive!

More importantly, the shirt looks great. ;D
Message 20 of 42 (96 Views)