Feb 09 2013
By: GuardianRoxas Lombax Warrior 87 posts

About the Abe cancelation

22 replies 636 views Edited Feb 9, 2013

There's something thats been bothering me. As far as i know, the article on Eventhubs said that abes dlc was canceled...but the way it was worded made it sound like everything that they had planned for DLC was canceled also. If that's right, does that mean Santa Monica will start getting into negotiations for characters THEY want? Or Characters just not originally intended by Superbot?

Message 1 of 23 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: About the Abe cancelation

Feb 9, 2013
Im sure that nothing was cancelled, just postponed due to the transition between developers. I cant see them completely cancelling something that has already been started.

Or they just opted to put all of the gods from GoW in the game instead.
Message 2 of 23 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 9, 2013

i woulnt be surprised if santa monica does want some new characters in as well, but honestly i didnt want abe in the game anyway, im happy hes not gonan be in, but anyway theyre probably going to go along with what superbot had planned because they had the rights to those characters already

Message 3 of 23 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Yeah im not a big fan of him either.

Message 4 of 23 (550 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

GuardianRoxas wrote:

There's something thats been bothering me. As far as i know, the article on Eventhubs said that abes dlc was canceled...but the way it was worded made it sound like everything that they had planned for DLC was canceled also. If that's right, does that mean Santa Monica will start getting into negotiations for characters THEY want? Or Characters just not originally intended by Superbot?

To be honest eventhubs only said RUMOR so its entirely possible Abe is still coming. But it was a superbot choice and not santa monica, which is why someone hinted at the DLC possibly going away for other choices.

I have heard that santa monica does not usually continue supporting games they did not make themselves, so I'm guessing we may get 1 more DLC pack post Kat and Emmitt and after that SSM will probably just make PSAS 2 and we should hear about that soon since they will probably want it out by christmas or early next year.

If we do get a ton of DLC from SSM then be ready for characters like Crash, Lara Croft, and other greats, hopefully Logan from siphon filter i love that game so much. SSM = Sony Santa Monica fyi if your wondering what the abreviation is.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 5 of 23 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Feb 9, 2013

usually I would have some sort of answer to a situation like this, but I am stumped about how this will all work out. Licenses of any characters are hard to come by. Even if a new company is working on the DLC, they cant just throw out what was done so far, because the licenses arent just done through superbot, they are done through Sony as well. And since Superbot was a subsidieary of Santa Monica, the licenses could also technically be "owned for use" for SSM anyways. This is a strangly complex situation, and it creates just one more headache for this game. I really hope they dont get rid of what was done already. If they were going to be announcing characters in March, it means they were pretty far along in them. Even if its not the big hitters (Snake, Cloud, Wander, Crash) characters like Abe would still have been a great addition to the cast.

Message 6 of 23 (495 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I really wanted Abe in from the start and when they re-released Odd World: Strangers Wrath on vita I swore we would get Abe and I was technically right, except we may not get him LOL but he was coming....

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 7 of 23 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 9, 2013
We'll just have to wait till March to learn for sure what is happening. I dont care either way if Abe was cancelled, sure he would make a great addition and a lot of fans happy but so would another character. I would honestly prefer a 1st party inclusion.
Message 8 of 23 (473 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I don't know if he has really been canceled, check superbots twitter,

I think we are still getting him

Message 9 of 23 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 9, 2013

i find it weird that Abe was cancelled, but Superbot said that "there's still DLC we made that you haven't seen yet!". Unless they're just talking about minions and costumes? 

Message 10 of 23 (419 Views)
0 Likes