Sep 29 2012
By: Ginta2468 PlayStation MVP 6371 posts

About the 20 character thing

[ Edited ]
3 replies 86 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

Be wary that this is my opinion of this whole deal. I would like to point out that I have never seen a fighting game series start out with more than 20 characters (The one exception being Dissidia), and even if they did, they most likely weren't that good. It seems to me that people either want these two options, and no these aren't what I want:

1. If Crash, Cloud, Snake and Spyro are in then it is then a PS allstars game. No one else is needed since it was those 4 who made playstation while characters like Sweet Tooth (Longest running game series only on Playstation), Ratchet and Clank (Most games on Playstation), Kratos (An angry spartan), and Toro (He is the freaking mascot of Playstation!) aren't needed. Yes those 4 would make a perfect game!

2. I don't care about gameplay, content, balanced characters, interesting concepts, a great online mode, or a vita cross play function! All I want is characters, and I don't care if they are balanced or not since it takes time to make one character and the others are still being balanced, I just want 30+ characters and that is it even though I am only going to use 1-4 of them.

Quite silly really, and I am not blind, I certainly know that Superbot needs to communicate more, but all of this arguing is really pointless. Characters are important, but they don't make the game fun without everything else put in to context. I say wait until Superbot says something before jumping the gun, since their word would change this whole ordeal anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Re: About the 20 character thing

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

Super Street Fighter IV (AE), Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 & 3 (UMvC3) started off with more than 20 characters.

Not bashing your opinion in any way, but if this game did have 30+ characters, you honestly wouldn't care about interesting concepts, a great online mode, and Vita Cross-Play function? Sure, it'll have a much-desired roster, but innovative concepts is what sets this game from any other brawler.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

Super Street Fighter IV (AE), Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 & 3 (UMvC3) started off with more than 20 characters.

Not bashing your opinion in any way, but if this game did have 30+ characters, you honestly wouldn't care about interesting concepts, a great online mode, and Vita Cross-Play function? Sure, it'll have a much-desired roster, but innovative concepts is what sets this game from any other brawler.

You didn't listen to what I said, I said game SERIES, I am pretty sure that when street fighter came out all you had was ryu and ken and then when Street fighter 2 came there was only 8 characters. I also was saying that people actually think like that, not me. If you seen my other posts I said the roster is fine and that I am more interested in everything else.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Sep 29, 2012
^Oops. My bad. Disregard my other post then.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (50 Views)
0 Likes