Nov 07 2012
By: Seffson First Son 19 posts

About pre-order costumes from Amazon.co.uk

7 replies 390 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

For those of you interested in pre-ordering from amazon uk, but didn't want to since you might not get any pre-order costumes, this MIGHT be some good news for you.

I sent a mail a week ago to amazon.co.uk and asked about any pre-order bonuses included with the game.

This is what they sent me today:

"Hello,

I would like to advise that your query regarding "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" comes along with the game and if there are any other bonuses with the item is still being investigated.

Please accept my apologies for this delay. Although we endeavour to complete our research within 3 to 4 business days, sometimes it may take slightly longer.

Please be assured that we shall contact you shortly with further information.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this matter."

So basically what I can grab from this is that they might actually get the bonus costumes for the pre-order.

It would make sense considering amazon.co.uk is to Europe what amazon.com is the US.

I thought some of you guys might be interested to know this before pre-ordering the game in Europe, I will keep you updated when I get an answer from amazon.

Still, this is nothing to get excited about and go and pre-order right away, it might not include the bonus costumes.

We'll just have to wait until they either update the product info on their site or send a confirmation.

Message 1 of 8 (390 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: About pre-order costumes from Amazon.co.uk

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I did not bother with amazon.co.uk. I hate the steelbook plus the site so far does NOT explicitly mention pre-order costumes.

I just went with GAME.co.uk which not only guarantee pre-order costumes but also give you a choice of box-art.

Unless you absolutely want the steelbook, there is no reason to get it from amazon.co.uk.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 8 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Well. If you live in UK of course you should get it from GAME, but the pre-order costumes are exclusive to people living in UK.
Message 3 of 8 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 7, 2012
What do you mean exclusive to people living in the UK? They email you the code.
------
Message 4 of 8 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Check the Terms and Conditions. Also I have asked them via mail.

Enquiry:
"I have a question about pre-ordering the game "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" from GAME.
I live in Sweden and it seems that GAME UK is the only retailer that have the pre-order bonus costumes to the game. But on the terms it says "UK only". Does this mean that if I pre-order the game from GAME and ship it to Sweden, I wont gain the pre-order bonuses?"

Response:
"Thank you for your email.

That is correct, this preorder offer is only available to UK customers only.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us."

I thought this was a known fact on this forum.

Message 5 of 8 (305 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Great.... There goes my 50 Euros down the drain. No it is NOT a known fact throughout the forums.

bloodyhell, Now I have to see if they will give my money back and try order it from somewhere else in the UK so I can get it in English and UK PSN DLCs.

This pre-order costumes being only available to select sellers is the biggest most stupidest decision in the entire gaming industry.

Thanks for informing me about this, before I got ripped off by the fine print.... Sigh. I hate this pre-order nonsense. I'll gladly j ust PAY for the same costume DLC... but NO they HAVE to make it this difficult for everyone outside the US and UK.

SuperBot (or whoever is responsible for distribution of this) thanks for making it absolutely impossible for me to get the pre-order costumes DLC.

------
Message 6 of 8 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I'm not sure but I believe every gamestop have the pre-order costumes. So if you have a gamestop nearby you should pre-order from there.

And i feel you man. I'm having a really hard time finding a retailer with the costumes. I could get it from gamestop, but I would have to take a train to the nearest town (since they dont send games in my country) and back aswell, for an additional 20 Euro...

So I'm not really sure it's worth it.

Message 7 of 8 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

It is NOT an option for me. I need to get a disc from the UK because I have a UK PSN account. If i want to buy ANY DLC for the game I will need to buy it from the UK. If I get a German disc, I cannot download any DLC from the UK store.

The DLCs are always region locked. Also, I would like to have the box and everything in English.

Essentially I've been royally screwed by my own situation and this extreme stupidity of only giving pre-order bonuses to some sellers and restricting it to country.

What the bloody hell is their problem if they send me the pre-order bonus code if I ship it to germany? I am PAYING for the game like anyone else and full price at that. In fact it is 2 pounds costlier than Amazon which I don't mind paying for the costumes provided I get it. I'm even paying for the shipping.

But No... SuperBot (or whoever) have made sure this is impossible. I hate this seller exclusive rubbish.

------
Message 8 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes