1. Fair enough. I think his moves look pretty substantial right now. Plus there's not much left Kratos could use. Remember GoW3 gave Kratos the most weapons he's had in any GoW game (and the most useful); maybe that's why most of his All-Stars moves use his GoW3 weapons?
2. Yes he's wearing the Boots of Hermes but those are already an item in the game, so he wouldn't have a Boots of hermes specific move. Therefore it makes little sense to put an item on Kratos that he won't be able to use. GoW2's appearance doesn't really have that issue.
And what SuperBot has said is exactly the opposite of what you're saying; they said at the Comic con panel that when they choose what a character will look like in the game, they aim for an appearance that most fans will like the most. The vast majority of fans will not mind minor technical details like the ones you're bringing up about Kratos' grapple. It's just a skin, anyway; all characters in the game will have multiple, so skins won't always match up with movesets. It's just not something worth worrying about.
3. And those might already be in the game. Still doesn't mean Deimos isn't a cool skin to have; a lot of people loved his skin in GoW3.
4. Kratos' current level 2 is an upwards funnel, with the radius largest at the top. Poseidon's rage would be the opposite; it would be an upside down funnel with the radius largest at the ground (meaning more people would likely be in the attack's range). I would have preferred that (it was actually in the game's design at one point) or Atlas quake, which would have tons of AoE, but still give opponents a chance at dodging.
5. Funny you mention that, because the Razor Claws from R&C are in the game but certainly aren't one of the game's most popular weapons. I don't think SuperBot's aiming for the "most popular" items for this game. They're aiming for the most unique ones. And of all the weapons they could have chosen from GoW as an item, Spear of Destiny was definitely one of the most unique choices. I think it was a good call.
2. Who says they have to?
And I guess you'll just have to deal. I'm a huge GoW fan myself (and so is the Game director), and those minor details don't really bother me at all. Shouldn't be too long before it stops bothering you.
4. I like the horizontal Supers like Cole's and Radec's a lot, but can't really say which ones are "better" until I've played the game. And I don't have a specific video but it can't be that hard to find. It's been in plenty of All-Stars gameplay.
5. Maybe it won't be in the game? And again, for most fans...that'll be fine.
I've played through the entire series on the hardest difficulties, and The blade of Artimes is hands down the worst Weapon in the series, at least the Spear of destiney has range and explosive damage with the crystal
2. Well, yes, but.. they would have to include a GoW 3 skin, right? then the problem would exist still.
Yes, most fans wont/dont care about the blades. but as a fanboy whos been in love since 2005, it will bother me. crazy? yes.. but still.
4. Meh.. It just feels like a horizontal super seems to be better in every way to an AoE type one. Cole's level 2 is bloody awesome, because it can easy nab three kills. Also, ive only read about the level 2 super and its details, have you seen it officially in any vids? i want to see just how big the radius is.
5. But then the problem for me is... where is my blade of Artemis? :ccc
Just came across one, starts at 3:25 in the video below. In terms of super effectiveness, I'd go 3, 1 and 2 but still need to see more uses of that 2, it could nab a lot of easy air kills. That level 3 is just Godlike... no pun intended.
I think SB stated in an interview that they aren't going for using only one game from a character's franchise to use as a character. They are combining elements from each game so that the character has their iconic status from all of their games.
He uses powers and weapons that span from all his games, The spear and shield are from his PSP game. While his hammer is from GOW2 and his chain lion fists are from 3.
I can list more but you get the point, This is the ultimate version of kratos.