Nov 20 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

About Drake.

7 replies 288 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

I'm liking him a lot more than I thought I would, but his moves are pretty odd.  I have a combo or two with him but a large portion of his attacks are pretty odd. 

One thing I came to talk about though, his level 1 super should have a greater radius than what it has.  I'm playing through his story now, and had 3 people sitting right next to eachother, some even in the air, and I threw off his level 1 super and only got one kill, I feel that I should have gotten 2 or 3.  

Message 1 of 8 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Re: About Drake.

Nov 20, 2012

Does Drake still looks weird?

Message 2 of 8 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Yes, but I think a few of the characters look weird.
Message 3 of 8 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I've been really digging all of Drake's moves. His level one could have a bigger radius, I agree. It's still better than a lot people give it credit for.
Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 4 of 8 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Yeah ign was like "how can you hit anyone with that" and the only time I missed was when I pushed R2 too early.

I don't really like his moves all that much, he's not very combo friendly...I mean I do like using them but some of them are really odd..the grenade is useless, the grenade launcher is useless, the cover is easy to work around (making it pretty useless) but as a whole he's a lot better than I thought he'd be and I'm enjoying playing as him.
Message 5 of 8 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Sorry for bumping this after so many pages, but I meant to reply to it earlier before I got lost in the game. @_@

I agree with the OP.  For a while I thought Drake's moveset would be too odd to the point where it would seem clunky and/or fiddly, but I can say that actually playing as Drake has greatly surpassed my expectations.  His brutal combo and gun attacks feel a lot more satisfying than I thought they would and I absolutely LOVE his "wall" attacks, as they not only have incredible versatility but also do the best job in capturing the spirit of Uncharted.  There does seem to be the occasional odd choice, but I feel those are present in every character.  Even his Level 1 seems pretty straightforward to me, provided you time it right.

I can safely say Drake is quickly becoming one of my favorites and one of my mains.

Message 6 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I disagree that his cover an md grenade launcher are useless I used them the most. His cover is just good to keep people away for a short period, and once you find the right spot on each stage the grenade launcher racks up ap.
Message 7 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

His cover is pretty slick. You can throw grenades from cover, fire from cover and melee from cover. 

Other than his cover move, Drake is really about momentum. Keep him moving! Use the zip line to push past an agressor. Jump then triangle to close in on a sackboy hiding in the corner. Close the gap on Radec with his basic triangle + moving foreward. 

I'm not even that good with him yet and he is increasingly my favorite character. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 8 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes