Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: About Crash Bandicoot

Oct 25, 2012

achus93again wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ginoboli-fan wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Am I the only one who never really expected Crash Bandicoot to be in the game?

When the game was announced, I expected Sony's first party characters. My first thoughts were "Nathan Drake, Ratchet, Sackboy", all of whom are in. I never even gave Crash a second thought until loads of people started requesting him.

And yes, I did play his games as a kid. Crash Bandicoot 2 was one of my first three PS1 games, and I loved all of them and have completed them many times over the years. But due to the massive fall from grace the character has had ever since Crash Bash in 2000, I've honestly not cared about Crash Bandicoot since, unless I've gone back to play those original games.

So my reaction to him not being in? A shrug of the shoulders and an indifferent "oh well". I'll get my nostalgia kick from Spike and Sir Dan anyway. Yeah, he was the unofficial mascot of the PS1 ("unofficial" is the key word here), but he hasn't been relevant to the PS brand since 1999 in my opinion, so to me there's no mandatory "HE MUST BE IN". Be cool if he was, sure, but for me, he's not a "must-have"

Guess I'm in a minority though...

I never really expected him to be in the game either, I just always wanted him in it

Kinda like me and Lara Croft, then. She was my highest choice, but I honestly never expected her, so I'm not all that disappointed.

same here dudes, 

i was expecting a resistance rep though...

I was too. I wanted a Resistance rep and Lara Croft as much as I wanted Crash

Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I'm shocked at how many people are this mad that Crash isn't in the game...do people really still think of him as a "mascot" for Sony? Naughty Dog sold the IP a decade ago and it's been crap ever since. I'd love to have seen him in the game, but not because he'd be a great character...I wanted him in here as fan service and as a representation of PlayStation history. I'd probably never play as him because I don't see what his move set would be like or how it would make sense...

Anyway, I also saw someone say this roster feels like "a group of B-listers" or something to that extent. I'm sorry, Kratos, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Nathan Drake are not "B-listers." There are definitely some B-listers in here, but every fighting game has those characters.

I guess it also kind of sucks that the beta really only has Kratos in it as an A-list type character so maybe people are down on it for that reason? I dunno...but I can't wait to play more characters...

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/kilburni86/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/kilburni86.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (174 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Oct 25, 2012
The game is fun! :smileyvery-happy:
Played thje beta right now! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Just imagine how good the full game will be if its this fun in the beta
Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I imagine Crash's move set ..... It WILL be be Very interesting !!!!!!

:heart: RAYMAN :heart:

RAYMAN'S GIRL/LOVER/WIFE/STALKER/ADMIRER 3333333333
My Account on Anivide!!!
http://www.anivide.com/user/Sexygamergirl

A GAMER.
A COSPLAYER
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Thanks superbot
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Someone sticky this thread and give the OP a medal. Thanks Superbot :smileyvery-happy:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 25, 2012

i wanna go into activisions HQ and find whos making the decision of not letting crash in the game. Then im going to approach him and round house kick him across tha face. True story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4fwpm1G_fE

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: bliRe: About Crash Bandicoot

Oct 26, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 26, 2012
There's nothing wrong with people expressing negative opinions on the game. Without it we would live in a world of mediocrity. Games get better over the years because of fan-feedback.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (90 Views)
0 Likes