Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Abe is a no go :(

Feb 23, 2013

you do know according to polls and everything abe would not have sold? a lot of people DONT want him. i personally do, but i get whats going on. hes not as popular as people think, and the majority think he would be a terrible character in the game. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 51 of 61 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yeah, I saw it achus. I joined in once or twice, but only to throw a few links in there. KC's are here to stay so I find no point in arguing against those who don't want them to.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 52 of 61 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 23, 2013
What polls are we referring to ? The forums ? Regardless that isn't a fair comparison - nobody said Abe is the most requested character, but he is requested. If you ask someone who they want in All Stars, you'll get the usual picks e.g. Cloud, Crash, Snake etc. If you ask them if they want Abe in the game however, more answers would be yes then no.

Then again, we'll never get a definitive answer on that, different people want different things. All I know is, the Oddworld series is making a return into the HD era, and according to the PS Store charts, they've been selling really well on both the PS3 & the Vita. It makes sense then to assume the Oddworld series is in demand, and that Abes inclusion would be most welcome.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 53 of 61 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Feb 23, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
What polls are we referring to ? The forums ? Regardless that isn't a fair comparison - nobody said Abe is the most requested character, but he is requested. If you ask someone who they want in All Stars, you'll get the usual picks e.g. Cloud, Crash, Snake etc. If you ask them if they want Abe in the game however, more answers would be yes then no.

Then again, we'll never get a definitive answer on that, different people want different things. All I know is, the Oddworld series is making a return into the HD era, and according to the PS Store charts, they've been selling really well on both the PS3 & the Vita. It makes sense then to assume the Oddworld series is in demand, and that Abes inclusion would be most welcome.

thats because people will take who they can take. Abe is really only requested on this forum, others not really at all. besides people from this forum going to other forums. people on ign, etc, news websites say that they would sell the game, or never buy the dlc if he made it in. 

Message 54 of 61 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Haven't checked recently, but pre-release, there was a lot of buzz on Abes inclusion, and a lot of people asking why he isn't/whether he will be in the game (outside of this forum).
Message 55 of 61 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Feb 23, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Haven't checked recently, but pre-release, there was a lot of buzz on Abes inclusion, and a lot of people asking why he isn't/whether he will be in the game (outside of this forum).

lately nobody wants him in, people mention him and they act like that persons retarded. :smileytongue:

Message 56 of 61 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 23, 2013
I guess it's because there are more requested characters that people beleive should take priority. Pre-release, everyone assumed there would be more characters.

I should add that on Twitter when the supposed cancellation was revealed, a lot of people took to Just Add Waters CEO, SSM & SuperBots twitter accounts to complain.
Message 57 of 61 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Almost everybody I've seen complaining about Abe were from the same crowd that thought that the game sucked anyway, so I don't think their opinions are relevant. The only exception is really Noc.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 58 of 61 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 23, 2013
I like Noc, but his insistence to troll on every Abe thread is silly, especially when one of his most requested characters is Ada Wong.
Message 59 of 61 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Feb 23, 2013
^And Lightning, too!
Message 60 of 61 (65 Views)
0 Likes