Message 41 of 61 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: Abe is a no go :(

Feb 23, 2013

sammyboy159 wrote:
If you don't believe me email them yourself

It's ok I'll just wait until March and see what the deal is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 42 of 61 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Feb 23, 2013

I am not surprised. 

Same thing happened with Twisted Metal.. Canceled plans for DLC.

pap

Message 43 of 61 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 23, 2013

sammyboy159 wrote:

I e-mail one of oddworld inhabbitants asking if Abe would possibly be DLC for all-stars in the future.

Here's what i sent

Are there any plans for abe in playstation all stars. I know there were rumors about him being future DLC but know he is apparently cancelled. I think he would fit right in as an all-star.
Anyway thanks

Then i got this Reply

Poor Abe. I agree with you, he would be amazing in PlayStation All-Stars, but development on DLC for that has stopped, so there's no chance of that happening. So sad.

It sounds like he was being developed and that the cancelled rumors were true.
Smiley Sad

You didn't provide any sources to this info.

Message 44 of 61 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 23, 2013
or maybe these guys are pulling a jaffe?
Play For Fun!
Message 45 of 61 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Whenever I see this stuff my reaction is "what if someone MORE heavily requested is getting in?" People get so focused on who's NOT getting in that they don't think of the numerous other characters who could still stand a chance.

Some theories about what happened here:

- They struggled to develop a full moveset for the guy. We saw from Seth Killian that they wanted to add someone from Katamari but struggled to develop a moveset, and Abe's games don't really allow much for Abe to do in a game like this, so this is possible.

- As suggested elsewhere, Abe could have been developed by Superbot just before Sony cut ties with them, and the transition caused Abe to be lost for one reason or another.

- Oddworld Inhabitants has misintepreted things that have been going on. Chances are, they could have given their full permission, Superbot got to work, the contract ended and development could have moved to SSM without Oddworld being informed of this decision, and maybe due to some crossed wires, they started assuming Abe was a no-go.

- As was also suggested, Oddworld could be pulling a Jaffe, claiming he's been cancelled every time they're asked and then BOOM, March arrives and he's there, surprising everyone.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 46 of 61 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

No, there is nothing good about Abe.  Abe is a terrible character and would be a terrible addition to PSASBR.

Says the fan of Lightning.

On-topic: I could just as easily write something with no proof that confirms Crash's inclusion and tell anyone who questions it to ask them himself.  Why people are believing this without so much as a screencap (which takes five seconds, btw) is beyond me.  Not to mention the fact that Oddworld has denied ever mentioning Abe and PSAS at all (shortly after SuperBot confirmed that the March DLC is still a go), going so far as to delete the tweet about how Abe was cancelled.  If that's not an NDA in ation, I don't know what is.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 47 of 61 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 23, 2013
hey, DP's back!
Play For Fun!
Message 48 of 61 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 23, 2013

achus93again wrote:
hey, DP's back!

I do more lurking than posting nowadays, but I'm normally still here.  It's only when I feel obligated to throw my two cents at a homeless man that I post.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 49 of 61 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 23, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

achus93again wrote:
hey, DP's back!

I do more lurking than posting nowadays, but I'm normally still here.  It's only when I feel obligated to throw my two cents at a homeless man that I post.

yeah, same here, mostly lurking,

so were you here to witness the recent but short KC war?

Play For Fun!
Message 50 of 61 (80 Views)
0 Likes