Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Re: Abe (Abe's Oddsyee)

Sep 3, 2012
I love Abe, I play Abe's Oddysee on the PS1 even today. I love Abe more than Sir Dan(I am a PS1 junkie). With the Oddboxx supposedly coming to PS3 this year or next it would great to have Abe make a comeback. Besides Crash and Spyro and maybe even Lara Croft, Abe made a name for himself as a PS1 icon...even with the PC releases.
Message 11 of 29 (187 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Abe would be an interesting character for sure! Despite not being much of a fighter (as someone already mentioned) his ability to possess enemies would be a unique move! For those who haven't played it make sure you get the HD release they're planning for the PS3, it's a one of a kind game!
Photobucket
Message 12 of 29 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I love Abe and Oddworld in general, but Abe is the one character I can imagine who's more of a stealth-character than Sly. He can't take more than a single hit ever, and besides turning into the Shrykull, exploding farts (Abe's Exoddus), and summoning Paramites, Scrabs, and Mudokon warriors (Munch's Oddysee), I really can't see him being more than a trap character. Stranger would be a better choice, but he's only been on the PS3 recently.

However, his Supers are pretty easy to imagine. Level 1= An exploding fart that Abe can trigger any time he wants. Level 2= Summon a very PO'd Scrab, who chases and curbstomps anyone he can find. Level 3= Turn into the Shrykull, a massive monster which is completely invincible, and run around destroying everyone.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 13 of 29 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Abe is almost like the male Yorda, physically weak and not at all combat orientated. He would be so unfitting too, Abe vs Kratos... lol. Sure he has awesome chanting powers but he needs more than that to be considered for this game.

Message 14 of 29 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Shadowrave25 wrote:

Abe is almost like the male Yorda, physically weak and not at all combat orientated. He would be so unfitting too, Abe vs Kratos... lol. Sure he has awesome chanting powers but he needs more than that to be considered for this game.

I'd say he's far more relevant to this game than say Fat Princess.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 29 (169 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Re: Abe (Abe's Odyssey)

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Same thing, I would love to se Abe in this game, level 3 could be him turning in to the demon, level 2 could be him chanting a portal and a bunch of workers came running infront of him into the portal killing anyone in their way, level one could be him farting, anyone near him dies and then Abe goes  "tee hee"

for combat I could see him just punching and kicking, kinda like parappa / fat princess with some influence from his games (throwing green beer / bombs, his dodge would be him rolling.

I think he would fit perfectly, the franchise is not owned by Microsoft if Im correct, they are independent, and Abe is one of the most popular games on PS1, I don't even know how so many people in here don't know him, it's kinda sad, I can see him bring something different into the game, a bit gloomy / creepy side, like Sweet Tooth, I really hope Superbot would think about him for DLC

would make a lot of my friends who are not sure if they should get the game, get the game at release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 16 of 29 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Abe should be included. It was one of the most memorable ps1 games I played. And Oddworld Inhabitants has said they'd be happy to see him included, so why not?
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 17 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 1, 2012
The self funding company that created oddworld series (just add water) went to Sony about abe being an all star and for free as he just wanted people to respect the character that they use to love that tried sevral times but apparently got no reply from Sony on the subject off all stars, at a convention in London UK someone asked the president of just add water about abe being in all stars and they just replied that there not allowed to comment on that question, you can find all this info on psu.com... I love the oddworld series and would love to see him in but in reality suoerbot have got so much on there hands I think after game release they will prioritize the most requested DLC and advertising
Message 18 of 29 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

Nov 1, 2012

even though the people who made abe ASKED superbot to put abe in and superbot didnt even respond. LMAOLMAOMLAOM wow superbot abe should of been in this game and not NARIKO out of all, and not even responding back to them, that is just pathetic

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 19 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 1, 2012
dont really want abe even though i loved the games. just think he wouldnt be fun..
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 20 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes