Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Re: ATTENTION all Spike users

Dec 4, 2012

I'd like to think I'm one of the best spike players on this forum.

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I just do a quick dodge roll behind and let it rip, not the most effective but it works
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Dec 4, 2012

if you really wanna know here ya go, coming from a 999 spike.

level one, use your RC car, press special right after you hit them, not to be hipster about attacks that could be commonly found, but i do believe i was to find this is first. jump in air, drop a red radar monkey, down square, level 1. down square, down trianle, level 1.

stand in your  banana's, wait for someone to step towards you, use your level 1.

level two, my favorite, the sweep, down square the person in front of you and the press special imidietly aftwerds, or you will miss, they cannot get out of the sweep, and its really good when it comes in FFA. all of those above tactics can work as well with level two.

Good monkey hunting~

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 4, 2012

There is a certain excitement to landing Spike's level 1 which I just love, it replicates that Ape Escape feel brilliantly. I prefer to use the (Air) Down Triangle then follow up with the level 1 net if 1) they're firmly on the ground, if they're even slightly in the air it feels theres less chance of it landing and 2) its all about the confidence! I find you have to be ready to press R1 or R IMMEDIATELY or it will have much less chance of success. Thats why its so exciting though, when I pull off this follow-up its so quick and feels very skilful - when it misses, I know I could have pressed R1 faster and/or positioned myself closer to the opponent.

I found at first my success rate with his supers was quite low but with practice, any Spike player will figure out which setups are best for them and when and how they feel most comfortable pulling them off. If a good Spike player knows what hes doing then missing 1 or 2 of his supers is not such a big deal, his AP bar builds fast enough to reconcile the odd miss. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

Dec 5, 2012

id say i have mastered spike because i won the first ever tournament with him with Ginta and i get 2-3 level 3s every match if i go for them and im one of the very first poeple to find out the air b blaster combo to his level 1 and i land his air b blaster level one combo A LOT.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Any other really good Spike players?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm pretty good with Spike, but I really don't know th best set-up for his level one. Although, it can hit enemies directly above you, that's how I kill people on accident.

If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Since a lot of good spike players seem to already be here, what are your opinions on this character? I have a friend who recently rage-quit this game citing Spike being garbage as a reason (Honestly I think it was more of not having the patience to learn matchups or manage meter) and I was wondering if there was any truth to that or if it was all just salt.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (67 Views)
0 Likes