Oct 27 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10163 posts

AP confusion.

10 replies 175 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

So I've been wondering this for a while now and it's really, really confusing me.

Sometimes when I use a level 1 super, it only takes a little bit away from my AP if I miss.  Other times it takes the whole meter away. 

Sometimes when my enemy or I use a level 2 super, we/they instantly get a level 1 super back.  This is especially annoying with sly, because he can just go invisible, do his level 2 super out of nowhere leaving you completely uprepared and then he'll hide again and use his level 1 super.  I've seen so many level 1 supers by that guy... it should be changed to at LEAST be able to cancel his super.  I mean, everyone else has a super that's cancellable but this guy, even if you smack him his super fast and super long ranged level 1 still kills.

Also, what is with some of these unblanced attacks?  Kratos has a ton of attacks that are near useless.  His bow even fully charged only gives 10 AP, and I've never seen anyone use helios's head so I imagine that's completely useless.  But I was fighting a sly and he like...picked me up and slammed me down to the ground with what looked to be a 2 hit combo, but I looked at how much AP he got, and he got at least half a meter with this one small combo! 

Doesn't really have to do with AP but...

1. How come when someone grabs me when I'm close to level 3 and I grab someone when they're close to level 3, I spill WAY more AP than they do.  I asked this before, but never got a real answer...

2. I'm sure this is just a bug and not something intentional...but it seems that my controls are pretty messed up...whenever I roll and try to attack I'll start attacking the opposite direction I'm facing and holding on the d-pad.  Whenever I use a super I can sometimes just flip around and use it.  When I roll, I can't grab right afterwards.  I've seen a lot of people do it but most of the ttime I'll roll, flick my analog stick and I'll just sit there...

Message 1 of 11 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: AP confusion.

Oct 27, 2012
It's because of the bar they have added onto their meter. Say you have a lvl1 and you're halfway to a lvl2. On most characters, a lvl2 is equivalent in AP to two lvl1s, meaning that he uses one and it seems to not go away.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Also, to your other questions: Kratos's other moves aren't his AP netters; combos are where he gains AP. However, Sly for example has only two actual combos to his character, and he gains AP greatly per hit because he's meant to be a stun and powerhouse type fighter.

Unrelated questions:
1. Likely an illusion. You seem to spill more because it's on your screen, showing you lost AP orbs. Alternatively, they may have a stronger grab if such a thing exists.
2. That's just a bit of a bug, I think. It happens sometimes.
ecdf9e46
Message 3 of 11 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Oct 27, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
It's because of the bar they have added onto their meter. Say you have a lvl1 and you're halfway to a lvl2. On most characters, a lvl2 is equivalent in AP to two lvl1s, meaning that he uses one and it seems to not go away.

Yeah, but say you have 1.5 bars, and you get 3 chances to get off this level 1 before you're completely out of AP, but if you have just barely over 1 you only get one chance rather than 2 or close to 2...

Message 4 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Oct 27, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Also, to your other questions: Kratos's other moves aren't his AP netters; combos are where he gains AP. However, Sly for example has only two actual combos to his character, and he gains AP greatly per hit because he's meant to be a stun and powerhouse type fighter.

Unrelated questions:
1. Likely an illusion. You seem to spill more because it's on your screen, showing you lost AP orbs. Alternatively, they may have a stronger grab if such a thing exists.

Why would a power house get to go invisible?  That's pretty cheap...he gets to avoid like all level 3 supers and whenever he gets his crazy powerful level 1, he can just hide and sneak up behind you giving you no time to react what so ever. 

@2 well I hope a lot of things get fixed about this beta...I like the game and the roster but there are so many unfair matches and I run into them more and more and it's sucking away all the fun :/ 

Message 5 of 11 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Yeah, but say you have 1.5 bars, and you get 3 chances to get off this level 1 before you're completely out of AP, but if you have just barely over 1 you only get one chance rather than 2 or close to 2...

Think of it this way (note that I haven't played the new beta yet, so I may be a bit off in my numbering.)

A level 1 takes 300 AP to Pull off.

A level 2 takes 700 AP to Pull off.

Now, you build up your level one. You have 300 AP. You can pull off one level 1 super.
You proceed to build to your level 2. Halfway, you now have 600 AP. You can pull off 2 level 1 supers.

Did I help any, or just over-complicate it?

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 6 of 11 (124 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Makes sense I suppose.  Just seems like sometimes characters get way too many specials while others are struggling for AP.  People say Kratos gets AP fast but I've been getting AP a lot less lately and I never noticed any kind of patch.  (except 1.01 but people were still complaining)  I fear if they nerf his AP gain I'll be struggling to get level 2s.  I mean, I've gotten 2 level 3s in one match before, and now I'm struggling to get AP?  Something's gotta be off.  I'm always smacking people around and I'm suddenly getting barely any AP.  Idk...

Message 7 of 11 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Unrelated questions:

Why would a power house get to go invisible?  That's pretty cheap...he gets to avoid like all level 3 supers and whenever he gets his crazy powerful level 1, he can just hide and sneak up behind you giving you no time to react what so ever. 

@2 well I hope a lot of things get fixed about this beta...I like the game and the roster but there are so many unfair matches and I run into them more and more and it's sucking away all the fun :/ 

He hits like a powerhouse, and as such cannot block.  Invisibility is an easy thing to spot 9 times out of 10, and's actually not effective against lvl3 Supers when you have competent opponents.  Believe me, whenever I'm facing people who are at least decent, I'm dead no matter what.  Also, his lvl1 is no better than Fat Princess, although it has a very slightly longer range.  His lvl2 is mediocre now, though, and his lvl3 isn't as fantastic as it used to be.

ecdf9e46
Message 8 of 11 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 27, 2012
yeah level 2 isnt 2 level 1s.
but a level 3 ALWAYS uses your entire meter since you can't earn more than 3.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 9 of 11 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
yeah level 2 isnt 2 level 1s.
but a level 3 ALWAYS uses your entire meter since you can't earn more than 3.

Actually, with Sly the lvl2 is exactly two lvl1s.  I noticed that when I was less than 10 AP away from a lvl2 and I used a lvl1, leaving me 10 AP away from a lvl1.  I believe Kratos' was three lvl1s for every lvl2, but they may have just changed the conversions overall.

ecdf9e46
Message 10 of 11 (85 Views)
0 Likes