Highlighted
Aug 20 2012
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts

AP Thoughts

25 replies 305 views Edited Aug 20, 2012

Hello Guys. Just stopping by to share some ideas on the AP bar.

1.Because gaining your AP and doing a Super move to kill your opponent is the only way to win a match, I believe that more factors should affect your AP gauge much heavier. 

Imagine someone is gaining their AP at a significant rate and now he/she has 95% left to gain a level 3 Super. You run towards them and kill them with a Level 1 Super. I believe this should deplete their AP to half of that level. So it would be >2 1/2

This will make it more of a task not to be killed trying to get your highest Super and the player will gain a larger sense of evasion to save their AP bar. You will also be able to try and regulate someone getting a Level 3 easily. 

I know this may not work in the Beta due to 3 Minute matches, but I think this will be a great option in the retail version. 

2. How are you able to do your level 1 Super twice when you have only enough to do a level 1? As if you have 1 3/4 full on your AP gauge, you are able to pull off more than 1 AP move. 

Or is it due to having a successful Super kill and you lose less AP for the benifit of landing the attack?

3. Having a Handicap mode in the Retail version!

You can regulate how much AP you retrieve from each attack. So if you want to have a 2 V 2 combo extravaganza match, you can make the match more towards those who can combo attacks to gain AP. This will make players try to setup consecutive attacks to gain AP. And the "Spammers" won't survive because their AP bar won't fill up fast enough due to single knockback attacks. 

This was just off the top of my head.

Do you guys have any other Ideas?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 26 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: AP Thoughts

Aug 20, 2012
I can get behind this idea.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 26 (300 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 20, 2012

I think the reson you can do back to back level 1s is because the amount to get to the next level isn't the same as to get to level one. Let's say it takes 500 AP to get a level 3. Just saying. Perhaps it only takes 100 to get a level 1 and 300 for level 2. So you could almost be at a level 2 and be able to use multiple level 1 supers. Or how sometimes if you use a level 2 close to a level 3 you can have a level 1 left over. At least that's how I saw it. 

What am I fighting FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR?!?!?!
Message 3 of 26 (292 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1322 posts

Aug 20, 2012
nice idea tonester you have some really good ideas Smiley Happy
------------------------------------

" One hypersonic brainwave scrambler, scrambled"
Clank from R&C: ACIT

Message 4 of 26 (285 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

To be honest, I really think there are plenty of ways to knock someone's AP level down already. Being able to steal AP with throws is still really underutilized in the beta. This as well as the use of items to knock it out of other players (like using the RPG, Spear of Destiny and possibly more items) is also not used enough by players. 

I think its also a matter of good play on your part as well as your enemies. You kind of regulate how much AP your oppenent gets based on how much they hit you. So its your fault for not putting any pressure on a dominating player even in a free for all.

Also I dont see why players should be punished anymore for getting killed because it works both ways too. It may allow better players to dominate even moreso because if theyre getting kills left and right they'll be knocking down lesser players chances of reaching even a level 2 let alone a 3.

Just the way I see it though.

Add me, I'm new here!
Message 5 of 26 (274 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 20, 2012
I don't agree with losing ap when you die, sometimes dying is unavoidable and ap is very important of course. Also going from 3 to 2 and a half is quite a bit lost, a lot more than 1 to 1 half

Message 6 of 26 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Aug 20, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
I don't agree with losing ap when you die, sometimes dying is unavoidable and ap is very important of course. Also going from 3 to 2 and a half is quite a bit lost, a lot more than 1 to 1 half

yap, you can die also 1 sec after ur respawn. Imagine you die on a lvl 1 or 2.

After that you respawn and player 3 uses his lvl 3, you Die again. Now ur whole ap source is mostly gone. That would be

pretty bad.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 7 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Mman015 wrote:
nice idea tonester you have some really good ideas Smiley Happy

Thank you! I'm just trying to help

Photobucket
Message 8 of 26 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1271 posts

Aug 20, 2012

JohnHorus wrote:

To be honest, I really think there are plenty of ways to knock someone's AP level down already. Being able to steal AP with throws is still really underutilized in the beta. This as well as the use of items to knock it out of other players (like using the RPG, Spear of Destiny and possibly more items) is also not used enough by players. 

I think its also a matter of good play on your part as well as your enemies. You kind of regulate how much AP your oppenent gets based on how much they hit you. So its your fault for not putting any pressure on a dominating player even in a free for all.

Also I dont see why players should be punished anymore for getting killed because it works both ways too. It may allow better players to dominate even moreso because if theyre getting kills left and right they'll be knocking down lesser players chances of reaching even a level 2 let alone a 3.

Just the way I see it though.

This guy's got the idea!

Wow a new user who I actually agree with!
You're on the right track bud!

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Message 9 of 26 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Aug 20, 2012

I think some of you guys WANT me to put my grey controller out of its misery... really. If I lost AP due to deaths.... I'd snap. Its a good idea, I just dont like it. :/

Photobucket
Message 10 of 26 (206 Views)
0 Likes