Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2012
By: Gekidami I Only Post Everything 1027 posts

AI Sly, Sweet Mother of...

10 replies 471 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

Am i the only person finding AI Sly to be an utter beast? Right now i'm playing through all of the arcade modes, i've done about 10 of them for now all on All Star mode and whenever i come across a level 4 Sly, oh man, i know shiz is about to get real.

He can stay invisible forever because the computer always knows where he is and he constantly teleports around with smoke bombs and uses the decoy, he can literally rob you of a whole AP bar within 5 secs, then theres that level 1 super, it just comes out of nowhere. And thats not even the highest difficulty, in Vs. you can have lvl 5 Sly, i havent tried it but he must be crazy.

On the other end of the scale a level 4 Heihachi is a real joke, he can barely get any kills with his level 1 super, his level 2 super is awesome, but the AI tends to stick to level ones.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: AI Sly, Sweet Mother of...

Nov 25, 2012
I tried drakes story on allstar mode, n the rival battle was just atrocious, I got wrecked.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I'm finding all slys to be beasts. All they do is go invisible to use supers or when crap hits the fan. Then once they have their level 1 its 2 or 3 free kills depending on the mode.

If they're going to get combo'ed they can just tap circle as fast as they can and it's an infinite counter move that you have to time down to the milisecond to get around and then all you have to do is spam in order to get the OPed level 1 fast.

I got a glitch last night that made me play as sly instead of cole and I wrecked the enemy team...all I did was one move and I'd do it like 3 or 4 times and get all the AP I needed for one attack and then I'd be able to kill 2 so easily. During the beta, I picked sly and half the match I was learning attacks off in the corner by myself, followed by some fighting, then the last 30 seconds of the match all I did was taunt in the corner. Came in first by a lot...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (443 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012
I havent played much online so i dont know how Sly handles from other players, but when i was against level 4 Drake on his arcade mode, all i did was spam decoy which put you behind your enemy and paralyses him, then go invisible and double square to steal his AP... It was pretty ridiculous.

prst46 wrote:
I tried drakes story on allstar mode, n the rival battle was just atrocious, I got wrecked.

At first he just kept knocking be around like a rag doll stealing all of my AP, but then i learned that he doesnt quite get what to do against Drakes air down circle (the falling floor one, i'm pretty sure its air down circle) so i just keep spamming that and building AP. I honestly dont see how i could have done it without spamming that.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Agreed, for Drake's rival battle he just stays invisible and counters. I used the AK to find him, then, as another user has said, spam down O.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Gekidami wrote:

Am i the only person finding AI Sly to be an utter beast? Right now i'm playing through all of the arcade modes, i've done about 10 of them for now all on All Star mode and whenever i come across a level 4 Sly, oh man, i know shiz is about to get real.

He can stay invisible forever because the computer always knows where he is and he constantly teleports around with smoke bombs and uses the decoy, he can literally rob you of a whole AP bar within 5 secs, then theres that level 1 super, it just comes out of nowhere. And thats not even the highest difficulty, in Vs. you can have lvl 5 Sly, i havent tried it but he must be crazy.

On the other end of the scale a level 4 Heihachi is a real joke, he can barely get any kills with his level 1 super, his level 2 super is awesome, but the AI tends to stick to level ones.

I've known this from day 1, considering the first thing I tried to do when I got the game was play through all the arcade's on all Star. I assumed from the released walkthroughs that All Star would be beyond easy. I was terribly wrong when I made it to the rival fights. Some just proved completely impossible. Nariko's rival fight with Dante became so hard for me that I resorted to just rolling and spamming grab on Dante whenever his AP got high. But Sly.... he is a monster. The AI Sly on level 4 is the reason why I can't beat Drake's Arcade on AS or progress any further in FP's Arcade. He is so overlooked when it comes to who the best characters are. I've played about 5 matches using Sly and I've gotten crazy scores in each one. All you need to do with Sly to do good is just spam that invisiblity teleport thing, the electric roll, and go invisible for nearly half the match. And that is pretty much all the level 4 AI Sly does. Its just stupid. I'm not saying Sly is OP, just that there are many many strategies with him that can be abused.. Nobody really notices because they are too focused on Kratos and Raiden.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Yea Sly is a beast on All-Star level in Drakes arcade mode. I was getting thrashed and was on the verge of rage quitting until I started using drakes neutral circle. I would get in a corner and kick the barrel against the wall so that way the delayed attack would interrupt Sly' s combos and I could follow up with the AK
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I won and drakes arcade mode rival by spamming down circle

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I main Sly and I dont play like that at all but still win the good majority of my matches.Its all about those mines and the electric slide. I try and use all of his tools, there so useful! I never use his invisibility tho.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I had the same trouble when I got to Drake's rival fight against Sly. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and failed horribly a bunch of times. I then learned to spam Drake's crushing rocks attack down at the AI many times until I was able to beat him. Probably one of the most stressful times I've had against any rival battle
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (248 Views)
0 Likes