First Son
15 posts

Re: Smash Bros-esque Custom Controls for PSASBR!

Jul 22, 2012

feldspar831 wrote:
Also you can't throw items in that game like you can in Ssb, I heard that from I think Greg miller at ign

Eh. Oh well. I'd still prefer a quick flick to the right analog stick to just drop a weapon. It's not much different from holding a direction and then pressing grab to toss something in SSB. 

Message 11 of 38 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Smash Bros (Melee-Brawl) Custom Controls for PSASBR!

Jul 22, 2012
Fooey, I gotcha! :]
I wasn't sure if you could map the analog as something else besides throw though, because of the fact you have to hit a certain direction on the analog stick to throw in said direction. Not sure how that would play out with the analog stick. Smiley Tongue Thanks for the suggestion though!! If it is possible to do that, then I'd be happy! :]

Feldspar, I gotcha! I just switched them because they're much closer to the controls of the Smash Bros' ^^
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 12 of 38 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Also 1 last thing, this game isn't smash bros, I don't think they should just copy every detail exactly
Message 13 of 38 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I gotcha Feldspar, but like I said, despite the many differences, the gameplay (as in, 2D, attacking, battle, etc.) would be better with said controls for somebody who's used to Smash Bros, ya see?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 14 of 38 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jul 22, 2012

feldspar831 wrote:
Also 1 last thing, this game isn't smash bros, I don't think they should just copy every detail exactly

This is just in case some people like SSB's controls better so he's trying to replicate (is that the right word?) them here since custom controls are comfirmed.

Message 15 of 38 (71 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

feldspar831 wrote:

This is just in case some people like SSB's controls better so he's trying to replicate (is that the right word?) them here since custom controls are comfirmed.

Thanks for clearing that up, friend :]

you said it better than I ever could!

Message 16 of 38 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: Smash Bros (Melee-Brawl) Custom Controls for PSASBR!

Jul 22, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Fooey, I gotcha! :]
I wasn't sure if you could map the analog as something else besides throw though, because of the fact you have to hit a certain direction on the analog stick to throw in said direction. Not sure how that would play out with the analog stick. Smiley Tongue Thanks for the suggestion though!! If it is possible to do that, then I'd be happy! :]

Yeah, I found it really weird to try to throw with the analog stick. I would end up missing my grab and leaving myself open. So, I stopped trying to grab. I really hope they let us just grab using something like R1 and then point in a direct using the left analog stick. 

Message 17 of 38 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Theres no reason to tell this guy to grow up. Its just an Opinion. Personally I dont agree with changing the controls so it matches smash brothers. To me its like trying to change tekken controls so they match mortal combat. Your button plan for block looks good though, I find it more natural for the block to be R1
Message 18 of 38 (63 Views)
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Oh this thread is just for people who prefer smash controls. Forget my critisism then
Message 19 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Oh ok I gotcha. My bad
Message 20 of 38 (56 Views)
0 Likes