Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Personally I'd rather have Altair or Conner. I'd be fine with Ezios or Aveline. Desmond they should stay away from though.

I disagree. He's a much better rep for the entire series, has all of the same abilities, could incorporate the other assassins into his specials and has supposedly a much much larger role in the new game. So his characters gunna get fleshed out a lot. He's a very logical choice really. Not that I think he'll get in. I'd rather Ezio or Altair. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012
Are you referring to Desmond ? If so then true, he does represent the whole series, but he just isn't all that popular. He's been put on the back seat lately with his missions being completely optional in his last outing. His story is one that we are all eager to see through to the end, but in terms of preference, most people will recognise and opt for one of the Assassins as a rep.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012
I would actually prefer desmond as his is the embodiment of all the assassins in a way
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012
Interesting, had no idea he was popular. I'd usually get lost in the assassins story to care much about Desmond as a charecter, mainly because he isn't given enough time, only to break up the occasional chapter. I'm interested in seeing how his story in the present day comes to an end in AC3 however.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Are you referring to Desmond ? If so then true, he does represent the whole series, but he just isn't all that popular. He's been put on the back seat lately with his missions being completely optional in his last outing. His story is one that we are all eager to see through to the end, but in terms of preference, most people will recognise and opt for one of the Assassins as a rep.

Fair point but i have a feeling that might change with AC3. He's been getting more purpose as the games go on and with this being his last hurrah he might just surprise us.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Are you referring to Desmond ? If so then true, he does represent the whole series, but he just isn't all that popular. He's been put on the back seat lately with his missions being completely optional in his last outing. His story is one that we are all eager to see through to the end, but in terms of preference, most people will recognise and opt for one of the Assassins as a rep.

Fair point but i have a feeling that might change with AC3. He's been getting more purpose as the games go on and with this being his last hurrah he might just surprise us.


last hurrah? I personally see him continueing with the series sure he may be brain dead but there

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
846 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

3rd Party characters are supposed to be the big "hey, this cool guy is in the game!" characters, alongside a few others. Having Desmond in? Well, I was unaware that anybody actually like him. Or his gameplay segments. Desmond is not the face of the Assassin's Creed series. Desmond is mostly just an excuse to add a HUD to a historical-setting game. Aveline also wouldn't cut it, for popularity reasons. Altair is unlikely because his game is arguably the worst, he has the least character, and only four weapons.

 

I wouldn't mind Connor, but I think even with his new game coming, he will never scream Assassin's Creed like Ezio did. I mean, Ezio had three games, the first two of which are two of the best selling.

 

Coming from a huge AC fan by the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/15/2009
Offline
722 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012
Aveline would be good. Gives us another female, advertises the Vita, and stays in tune with their insistence on "Cross-Promotion" third party characters.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (40 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Are you referring to Desmond ? If so then true, he does represent the whole series, but he just isn't all that popular. He's been put on the back seat lately with his missions being completely optional in his last outing. His story is one that we are all eager to see through to the end, but in terms of preference, most people will recognise and opt for one of the Assassins as a rep.

Fair point but i have a feeling that might change with AC3. He's been getting more purpose as the games go on and with this being his last hurrah he might just surprise us.


last hurrah? I personally see him continueing with the series sure he may be brain dead but there


I think AC3 is supposed to be desmonds last game. The series will continue but his story's getting wrapped up in this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (35 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
497 posts
 

Re: AC3 anybody stop to think about this character

Oct 2, 2012

I would support Aveline due to the fact of her being PS Vita exclusive and getting another female on the roster.

But everyone is right when they say its a draw between Ezio and Connor.

Ezio - 3 big selling games, face of the franchise, but (I dont know if this is a negative effect or not) has been in another fighting game. Falls under the "All-Star" category.

Connor - Probably heavily pushed by Ubisoft to promote the upcoming game and more than likely upcoming face of the franchise because I doubt this will be the only AC game he will be in.

 

I'm almost positive Ubisoft sat in an board room and discussed do we represent what we are famous for now, or what we are going to be famous for in the upcoming years.

 

Honestly I support more Connor because of various reasons, Ezio had his time in the limelight and he did a good job and I am looking forward to getting the trilogy

 photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (30 Views)
Reply
0 Likes