Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: A thought about DLC

Oct 26, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:
spyro crash cloud s 0 chance to be dlc. they are too important to be as dlc. if they were in they could probably first announced chars because of no crash and spyro they always showed parappa

What? Cmon man, I'm tired of having trouble understanding what you write. I think everyone would understand you more if you wrote in your own language. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I think this game would be more hurt by DLC than anything... I mean, why not have them in the game from the start? It'd get people more excited... DLC isn't going to sell the game. I mean it might sell a few copies but a starting roster is what really grabs people's attention.

Disk space, time constraints etc.

SuperBot already said they'd listen to us in the future with the characters we wanted most if it had huge support.

There will most likely not be Day 1 DLC unless it's free.

Message 12 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
 DLC isn't going to sell the game.

Um, that isn't the point of DLC. like, at all.

DLC is a reason to hold onto the game, and get a few extra bucks (from people buying the DLC).

If a game gets post launch support in the form of DLC characters, levels, etc, then people are more likely to keep the game, and play it more often, then selling it second hand.

DLC is NEVER considered a selling point for a game in the first place. That never was the point of it.

It's to reward those who keep games with more content without having to make a direct sequel right away.

Message 13 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Oct 26, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I think this game would be more hurt by DLC than anything... I mean, why not have them in the game from the start? It'd get people more excited... DLC isn't going to sell the game. I mean it might sell a few copies but a starting roster is what really grabs people's attention.

Disk space, time constraints etc.

SuperBot already said they'd listen to us in the future with the characters we wanted most if it had huge support.

There will most likely not be Day 1 DLC unless it's free.

I highly doubt a game like this would even get close to pushing 50 gigs. 

Message 14 of 20 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DLC is a reason to hold onto the game, and get a few extra bucks (from people buying the DLC).

If a game gets post launch support in the form of DLC characters, levels, etc, then people are more likely to keep the game, and play it more often, then selling it second hand.

DLC is NEVER considered a selling point for a game in the first place. That never was the point of it.

It's to reward those who keep games with more content without having to make a direct sequel right away.

I know this, but what sounds better to you, 5 million units sold or 2 million units sold, while 75 to 90% of the population plays the game a bit longer due to a few DLC characters?

Having DLC characters at launch would bring in much more revenue than pushing a few characters a while after launch.  Well, as long as the DLC characters weren't heavy hitters.  I've seen a lot of people say they wouldn't buy this game because of a couple characters like crash/spyro.  Imagine how many copies you'd sell with them in the game at launch vs a few months from now. 

Message 15 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I know this, but what sounds better to you, 5 million units sold or 2 million units sold, while 75 to 90% of the population plays the game a bit longer due to a few DLC characters?

Having DLC characters at launch would bring in much more revenue than pushing a few characters a while after launch.  Well, as long as the DLC characters weren't heavy hitters.  I've seen a lot of people say they wouldn't buy this game because of a couple characters like crash/spyro.  Imagine how many copies you'd sell with them in the game at launch vs a few months from now. 

Dude, this is going to be one of those addicting games like Brawl you'll play non-stop for months... But in my case, years. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 20 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Now you just are being irrational. You have to realize one of the biggest issues for game developer, and that's to say when enough is enough. 

They always are wanting to perfect everything, add more content, make the game better, and better, and better. BUT, that takes time, and time is money. So for a developer, they have to realize when they have added enough to a game, or when they have done all that they can without time restrains, and in a schedule. Not to mention release date stratagies, etc.

So obviously, yes, the more content that is on disc will help sales... but at what cost? another years worth of development time? 60 MORE developers working on the game? It's all very risk reward. And you do have to remember that this is a new IP (essentually), so they don't really know what kind of sales they are looking at. So they have said that IF the game is successful and develops a following, they will work on post launch DLC because they have more money, and actually know that there is a specific market for it.

And then sequels and what not are also discussed after that.

Message 17 of 20 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Oct 26, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Dude, this is going to be one of those addicting games like Brawl you'll play non-stop for months... But in my case, years. Smiley Very Happy

I hope that's the case TBH.  Since Uncharted 3 is extremely, extremely terrible I've been looking for something to fill that gap.  But the longer this beta goes on the more lag, bugs and exploits I see.  It's actually hard for me to even compete with people now, because of teleporting and people instantly escaping/cancelling my supers and then I turn around to try and cancel theirs but that never works.  Game feels really, really one sided sometimes.

Message 18 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I hope that's the case TBH.  Since Uncharted 3 is extremely, extremely terrible I've been looking for something to fill that gap.  But the longer this beta goes on the more lag, bugs and exploits I see.  It's actually hard for me to even compete with people now, because of teleporting and people instantly escaping/cancelling my supers and then I turn around to try and cancel theirs but that never works.  Game feels really, really one sided sometimes.

There's a reason this was meant to be a beta for North Americans. So many people have made false North American accounts just to get into the beta. A lot from Eu and Mexico. I played many matches where everyone was speaking spanish, I understood them perfectly... Not nice. And yes they were teleporting or my hits weren't connecting sometimes. That goes for everyone from different countries.

Message 19 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I think the most likely DLC characters are: Etna or Prinny from Disgea( NIS is really loyal to the Playstation brand. And they have expressed interest in having. One of their characters on the roster) Cloud Strife,( he should have been on the disc roster...but oh well.) Kat from Gravity Rush( who doesn't want this chick in? Lol) Big Boss/Solid or Old Snake(...need I say more?? Lol) Abe from Oddworld( Oddworld inhabitants are interested in his inclusion, and he was a big deal in the PS1 days.) Crash Bandicoot(...Activison is even more evil than they already were for not including him..however...they may change their minds if the game does well in sales they do like those $$) An Assassins Creed rep( kinda suprised Ezio, Altair, or Connor didn't Make the cut for the disc roster considering who popular the series is. Do I want an Assassins Creed char??..no.But it is a likely inclusion.)
Message 20 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes