Survivor
2590 posts

Re: A reminder to you all this game is called PlayStation All Stars so no Final Fantasy and Snake

Sep 4, 2012

Dr-Maikel wrote:

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Or games that used to be Playstation Exclusive for a long time:

Grand Theft Auto

troll confirmed. 

How is that a troll ? Grand Theft Auto used to be a PS exclusive for a long time.\

it have all been ported to other systems many years later.

As of right now the only sony exclusive gta games are the first two ones, which weren't very good. gta 3 and vice city started out on the ps2 and where later ported to the Xbox. crash spyro and ff7 where classics on the ps1. theres a huge difference. plus they are more unique than a freaking gta character, 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 31 of 48 (104 Views)
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Re: A reminder to you all this game is called PlayStation All Stars so no Final Fantasy and Snake

Sep 4, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:
Idc if they're all Playstations allstars or not, even if they called it that and gave us one IP, like lets say Drake then had 25 badass thirdparty characters, I wouldn't care the slightest, I want to play as cool characters not some crappy ones. Smiley Happy

Then the game wouldn't be called "Playstation All-Stars".Smiley Indifferent

Message 32 of 48 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

Forget FF one of the games that literally put this console on the map. forget it just forget it so you could put some boring characters who really wouldnt fit from these games Heavy Rain Modnations Racers ICO Resistance Gran Turismo. the fact that you even put gran turismo pisses me off.

Why? It sold more games then any other video game series on any Playstation Consle, top selling game for PS1 GT, top selling game for PS3 GT5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 48 (98 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 4, 2012
The platform doesn't decide whether the character represents PlayStation or not. Either you're a fanboy, or young. Sorry, but you said: "It even made it to the Xbox..."

This pretty much confirms for me that you're biased against the 360. Popular games generally make it to other systems. Popular games also tend to make people think of one system over another. KH started on PS2, and later had spin-offs on handhelds. The console games are what make the series popular, and so far the PS2 is the only one to have any of them. Yes, it had a few spin-offs for the DS/3DS. It also had a spin-off for the PSP.

Same goes for Cloud. You're saying FINAL FANTASY started on Nintendo, but that holds no power over Cloud. He is associated with the PlayStation, not the PC (The only other system he has been on). I don't really know anything about MGS, so I'll let others speak about that.

Again, the different consoles that a character has appeared on hold nothing over them. It is the consoles that they REPRESENT that determine if they're PlayStation All-Stars or not.
Message 34 of 48 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 4, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

Forget FF one of the games that literally put this console on the map. forget it just forget it so you could put some boring characters who really wouldnt fit from these games Heavy Rain Modnations Racers ICO Resistance Gran Turismo. the fact that you even put gran turismo pisses me off.

Why? It sold more games then any other video game series on any Playstation Consle, top selling game for PS1 GT, top selling game for PS3 GT5.

you're right i hope they have a ferrari as a playable character

Message 35 of 48 (82 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

I'm talking about a rep in general, weather it be a stage or even a playable Ferrari.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 36 of 48 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 4, 2012

a stage is different and its something that would actually make sense

Message 37 of 48 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Sep 4, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

I'm talking about a rep in general, weather it be a stage or even a playable Ferrari.

I think most people are fine with a stage, they're just hesitant about a character. Mgs did not start on a nintendo console. It was on the msx2 first. The games you listed do deserve spots (besides gta), but their characters are difficult to put into fighting characters. Also you say that kh is mostly nintedo now. The main games are on sony consoles. If we actually said which games matter in the 4 on sony and 4 on nintendo it would be 4 against 2.

Message 38 of 48 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 4, 2012
I've never seen anyone opposed to a GT stage (I'd love to see it, especially if it is a moving arena). There are just things that people have higher on the "priority" list, so it isn't talked about much. Also, besides the misunderstanding of what it means to be important to the PlayStation, most of the characters you listed have nothing special about them. Heavy Rain, GT, and even ModNation Racers would make horrible characters IMO. Other ways to represent them (Like items and stages) are really the only chance they have.
Message 39 of 48 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

"A reminder to you all this game is called PlayStation All Stars"

just one word: Yakuza

two words: Kazuma Kiryu

hes the one and only legit 3rd party allstar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 48 (36 Views)
0 Likes