Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2013
By: BIGPOPPA21089 I Only Post Everything 876 posts

A real reason Spyro may not be in PSAS

10 replies 284 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Skylanders: Spyros Adventure

Although it's not like 100% guaranteed this means he can't be in the game, Square Enix (or Vivendi or Insomniac who ever the hell it was who first created spyro) is in partnerships with multiple different companies on this game/ toy line. So I would guess that before he can join the line-up all these different partners will have to allow it as well since this toy/ game is made for young kids and they will probably want to uphold some kind of image, ya know all that corporate BS. Since, although the violence is not very intense, PSAS is technically a semi-violent game with the fighting and guns etc. so sorry guys. I don't think we will get Spyro anytime soon.

If you scroll down to the development portion of the wiki page, it starts to talk about how just reviving the franchise as a regular old spyro game was likely to fail so the franchise was revived in this manner to target younger kids who had no clue who spyro was. The last thing on the page that really makes me think we will never see spyro is Nickelodeon has some part in the new franchise as well. Seems like he is just for youngsters now and will never be the same spyro we once knew.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: A real reason Spyro may not be in PSAS

Jan 25, 2013
the world as we know it will now come to an end :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 25, 2013

The only way I could see Spyro, mainly old Spyro, in is when somebody realizes that they can make severe money off nostalgia. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 25, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

The only way I could see Spyro, mainly old Spyro, in is when somebody realizes that they can make severe money off nostalgia. 

It's worked for nintendo...........

Well, at least Sony is bring back Sly Cooper. Last game was released in 2005. (Still counts)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 25, 2013

CatatonicAlex wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Well, at least Sony is bring back Sly Cooper. Last game was released in 2005. (Still counts)

I think the ultimate nostalgia-based move Playstation could do would be bringing back Spyro and Crash. I haven't gotten my hands on the new Sly so I can't really say much at it. But looking at Twisted Metal it looks like Playstation titles aren't doing well in making comebacks.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 25, 2013
thats cuz people are to busy buying CoD instead of good games.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 25, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

CatatonicAlex wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

I think the ultimate nostalgia-based move Playstation could do would be bringing back Spyro and Crash. I haven't gotten my hands on the new Sly so I can't really say much at it. But looking at Twisted Metal it looks like Playstation titles aren't doing well in making comebacks.

Sly Cooper is getting a new game soon theives in time he is nowhere near dead like poor old spyros franchise. He was sold off to 5-10 year old kids who will buy anything as long as the commercial screams loud enough. I think hes gone for good....

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jan 25, 2013
.. sony puzzles me.. jak and Daxter was the best of teh big three... yet it died * sly did to , but hes getin ga fourth game when we all know jak has a fan base ten times stronger and ten times more vocal* Like most sly fans wills tell you sly three was just a cash in , were as jak 3 was not
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Jan 25, 2013

thats cuz people are to busy buying CoD instead of good games.

how does that relate to anything on this thread?

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 25, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:
.. sony puzzles me.. jak and Daxter was the best of teh big three... yet it died * sly did to , but hes getin ga fourth game when we all know jak has a fan base ten times stronger and ten times more vocal* Like most sly fans wills tell you sly three was just a cash in , were as jak 3 was not

Honestly Sony is very confusing. I do wish that they would stop getting rid of their well known mascots. Nintendo can be very good at keeping their mascots alive and well known, but sometimes they can be suffocating with it. If only Crash headed the same direction as Mario, except Playstation.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes