Fender Bender
4140 posts

Re: A question about DLC's for PSASBR

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
This is actually the first time I'm hearing complaints regarding the Plus programme. Even Xbox gamers agree it's a great service that trumps the Xbox Live subscription service.

If you were active on the plus forum , there was a complaint here and there, people who weren't happy with the games or said they did not come out fast enough.

I love the program, and my vita runs solely on it 

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 21 of 51 (2,069 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Ah, I've heard complaints on the monthly offerings, but I figured that's just consumers being selfish/greedy in terms of demanding games they haven't already played - considering they're opinions change on a monthly basis lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 51 (1,889 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Ah, I've heard complaints on the monthly offerings, but I figured that's just consumers being selfish/greedy in terms of demanding games they haven't already played - considering they're opinions change on a monthly basis lol.

Pretty much, I mean hell if you download one of the 4-6 games they give you a month , it's worth your money . this month was great to + users though, loving spec ops and the cave

-------------------

Message 23 of 51 (1,670 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Those "free" games on plus are not actually free. I'd rather just pay 20-40 bucks for a game and have it forever than pay 60 bucks a year, every year, in order to keep said game. also, with PS4 coming, no compatibility with PS3 stuff, and a new service that isn't Plus, it makes less and les sense to keep paying for Plus. I'd imagine Plus will discontinue sometiem in the next decade, meaning I'd no longer have those games.

All in all, Plus is messy, either way you have to spend money, and I'd rather keep what I buy forever.

As to DLC being free to Plus members currently, as has been said, they wait until the game is no longer relevant. Every game/DLC/Whaterver I've ever seen free for Plus members has been something I already bought ages ago.

HOLD UP! You lose the free games you downloaded on your PS3 from Plus when it runs out? What the f$#@?

In order to play a game from plus you have to actively have it. If it runs out you still have the games you just need + to play them again. Honestly I don't understand why people are so against + , it's a great program 

Wow, just wow. The Plus just became something I will never buy.

Message 24 of 51 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Mar 24, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Those "free" games on plus are not actually free. I'd rather just pay 20-40 bucks for a game and have it forever than pay 60 bucks a year, every year, in order to keep said game. also, with PS4 coming, no compatibility with PS3 stuff, and a new service that isn't Plus, it makes less and les sense to keep paying for Plus. I'd imagine Plus will discontinue sometiem in the next decade, meaning I'd no longer have those games.

All in all, Plus is messy, either way you have to spend money, and I'd rather keep what I buy forever.

As to DLC being free to Plus members currently, as has been said, they wait until the game is no longer relevant. Every game/DLC/Whaterver I've ever seen free for Plus members has been something I already bought ages ago.

HOLD UP! You lose the free games you downloaded on your PS3 from Plus when it runs out? What the f$#@?

In order to play a game from plus you have to actively have it. If it runs out you still have the games you just need + to play them again. Honestly I don't understand why people are so against + , it's a great program 

becuase you can't own a 5 hour game forever?

-------------------

Message 25 of 51 (1,321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
That's a silly reason to back out on the programme - I really don't see why it would effect you. You'd obviously pay to get future content, so you'd be fine. The only people it could really effect is people who purchased Plus for ONE SPECIFIC game that they wanted to keep forever...which they should just purchase at retail.
Message 26 of 51 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Because I would rather spend the 60$ on X-box gold then PS Plus.

Message 27 of 51 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
That's a silly reason to back out on the programme - I really don't see why it would effect you. You'd obviously pay to get future content, so you'd be fine. The only people it could really effect is people who purchased Plus for ONE SPECIFIC game that they wanted to keep forever...which they should just purchase at retail.

You pay to play games that apparently lost their retail value, what future content are you talking about?

Message 28 of 51 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
That is you're choice - dont want to start a console war esque debate so I won't tell you why that reasoning is ridiculously silly.
Message 29 of 51 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Mar 24, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Because I would rather spend the 60$ on X-box gold then PS Plus.

You'd rather pay $60 for the ability to go online, rather than a service that allows you to get free games?

I'm not sure you're thinking right now.

Message 30 of 51 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes