Fender Bender
4140 posts

Re: A question about DLC's for PSASBR

Mar 24, 2013
DLC is rare on + from what iv seen , more or less it's mostly games, this is because not everyone on plus has All stars so this would only benefit X amount of subscribers while giving a game benefits everyone .

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 11 of 51 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Those "free" games on plus are not actually free. I'd rather just pay 20-40 bucks for a game and have it forever than pay 60 bucks a year, every year, in order to keep said game. also, with PS4 coming, no compatibility with PS3 stuff, and a new service that isn't Plus, it makes less and les sense to keep paying for Plus. I'd imagine Plus will discontinue sometiem in the next decade, meaning I'd no longer have those games.

All in all, Plus is messy, either way you have to spend money, and I'd rather keep what I buy forever.

As to DLC being free to Plus members currently, as has been said, they wait until the game is no longer relevant. Every game/DLC/Whaterver I've ever seen free for Plus members has been something I already bought ages ago.

Message 12 of 51 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
They already announced that Plus would continue over to the PS4 - PS3 games on your download list won't carry over, but the service will remain the same, and the same subscription should work across all three platforms (Vita, PS3 & PS4). The new service you're thinking of is Gaikai's cloud services, and those are integrated into the consoles core features.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 13 of 51 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Spec Ops The Line was a game that met with positive reviews and a lot of praise and hype regarding its very brutal story - yet met with low sales across all platforms. LBP's sales had reduced significantly by the time it was made free for Plus.

All Stars DLC is new, SSM can't predict whether sales will increase or decrease significantly, and neither can Sony. Releasing it free for Plus members without a solid idea of what they're making off of it in the long run seems silly. Game sales can lose momentum, but DLC sales can always shift back up, also from what we do know, Fearless was one of the best selling DLC on the PSN store on the month of Febuary (behind Skyrim and Black Ops DLC), which is very impressive - that wouldn't be the case if it were free on Plus.

Ahh. I feel that IGN, Gamespot etc... reviews are fixed, so I doubt that game was any good. I would imagine so.

I would say increase. BOOM a game that resembles SSB, BAM all content in that game is free, POW people start buying the game.

This is true? You have got to be kidding me....Let me know if this DLC becomes a hit like Fearless, I'm horrible at keeping track of what's "hot" on Playstation. (I generally keep track on what's hot on X-box)

Message 14 of 51 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Those "free" games on plus are not actually free. I'd rather just pay 20-40 bucks for a game and have it forever than pay 60 bucks a year, every year, in order to keep said game. also, with PS4 coming, no compatibility with PS3 stuff, and a new service that isn't Plus, it makes less and les sense to keep paying for Plus. I'd imagine Plus will discontinue sometiem in the next decade, meaning I'd no longer have those games.

All in all, Plus is messy, either way you have to spend money, and I'd rather keep what I buy forever.

As to DLC being free to Plus members currently, as has been said, they wait until the game is no longer relevant. Every game/DLC/Whaterver I've ever seen free for Plus members has been something I already bought ages ago.

HOLD UP! You lose the free games you downloaded on your PS3 from Plus when it runs out? What the f$#@?

Message 15 of 51 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Mar 24, 2013

They should bring Starhawk back to the Playstation Plus, serrusly.

Message 16 of 51 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
If you're currently on Plus, you can find out for yourself. I found Spec Ops The Line to be a surprisingly very good experience.

As for Fearless, it took me by surprise as well, especially considering its pretty much free to access online anyways. I guess either people aren't aware of that, or just gave in to the very cheap/fair price. We will find out soon whether the trend continues with the new DLC (stats are released on the first of every month).
Message 17 of 51 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Yeah I'm a PS+ member. I already pay a lot for my subscription. I'd like a discount or something.
Message 18 of 51 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Mar 24, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

HOLD UP! You lose the free games you downloaded on your PS3 from Plus when it runs out? What the f$#@?

In order to play a game from plus you have to actively have it. If it runs out you still have the games you just need + to play them again. Honestly I don't understand why people are so against + , it's a great program 

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 19 of 51 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
This is actually the first time I'm hearing complaints regarding the Plus programme. Even Xbox gamers agree it's a great service that trumps the Xbox Live subscription service.
Message 20 of 51 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes