Mar 24 2013
By: PsychoticCyclone Sackboy 595 posts

A question about DLC's for PSASBR

50 replies 672 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

Why not make everything free to those who have Playstation Plus?

Message 1 of 51 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: A question about DLC's for PSASBR

Mar 24, 2013

Because it makes too much sence.

Message 2 of 51 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Mar 24, 2013
bump after 9 min?
Message 3 of 51 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Lowers potential sales. It would make more sense to do that once sales are at an all time low and interest for the game is moot. It's the same reason the full game isn't free for Plus yet.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 51 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3624 posts

Mar 24, 2013

They should at least get a little discount imo, maybe a dollar or something.

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 5 of 51 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Lowers potential sales. It would make more sense to do that once sales are at an all time low and interest for the game is moot. It's the same reason the full game isn't free for Plus yet.

Lower's potential sales? Playstation Plus is 60$ opposed to the 5$ per character and 2-3$ for a stage. Does that mean the games that are free with Playstation Plus are at an all time low? I thought Little Big Planet was popular? Along with Infamous and GoW.

Message 6 of 51 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9960 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I think they should give PS Plus members a discount. I don't think that's asking too much.

And I'm not even a Plus member!
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 7 of 51 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Out of those $60, how much do you think goes to SSM as opposed to customers paying $5 per character ? Keep in mind, $60 is for a years membership, in which A LOT more content is given out, meaning more cost in compensation. inFamous & LBP are popular, but who's buying them now ? The amount they're making through retail/digital sales at this point aren't as high as the amount they'd make by promoting the Playstation Plus model. It's the reason you don't see new games on Plus (except for indie titles), and the reason why the relatively new titles you do see aren't commercial successes e.g. Spec Ops & Starhawk.
Message 8 of 51 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 24, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Out of those $60, how much do you think goes to SSM as opposed to customers paying $5 per character ? Keep in mind, $60 is for a years membership, in which A LOT more content is given out, meaning more cost in compensation. inFamous & LBP are popular, but who's buying them now ? The amount they're making through retail/digital sales at this point aren't as high as the amount they'd make by promoting the Playstation Plus model. It's the reason you don't see new games on Plus (except for indie titles), and the reason why the relatively new titles you do see aren't commercial successes e.g. Spec Ops & Starhawk.

I don't know, all the games that become free when you get Playstation Plus started at like 20-40$, so like 1-2$? Well I was planning to buy LBP until I saw it was free on Plus.

PSASBR DLC's?

I don't keep an eye on what's new on Plus since I already downloaded the 3 games I wanted to tryout.

Wasn't Spec Ops a failed PS1 game? Never heard of Starhawk before this game, same for Gravity Rush and w.e game FP is from.

Message 9 of 51 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Spec Ops The Line was a game that met with positive reviews and a lot of praise and hype regarding its very brutal story - yet met with low sales across all platforms. LBP's sales had reduced significantly by the time it was made free for Plus.

All Stars DLC is new, SSM can't predict whether sales will increase or decrease significantly, and neither can Sony. Releasing it free for Plus members without a solid idea of what they're making off of it in the long run seems silly. Game sales can lose momentum, but DLC sales can always shift back up, also from what we do know, Fearless was one of the best selling DLC on the PSN store on the month of Febuary (behind Skyrim and Black Ops DLC), which is very impressive - that wouldn't be the case if it were free on Plus.
Message 10 of 51 (428 Views)
0 Likes