Highlighted
Jan 11 2013
By: JetstreamAlcove Hekseville Citizen 297 posts

A new Idea to handle Kill Confirms

26 replies 437 views Edited Jan 11, 2013
This is just my idea on another way Superbot can handle hit confirms is to give an easy confirm to every character.

Now because there will be a lot of complaints, the supers would be changed from costing (aprox.):
Lv 1 - 100ap
Lv 2 - 300ap
Lv 3 - 700ap

To more like this:
Lv 1 - 350ap
Lv 2 - 400ap
Lv 3 - 500ap

This means with two equal players in a match, and one just gets to his Lv 1 super and hit confirms, while the other saves for a Lv 3, Player 2 can get 2 Lv 3s before player one gets 3 hit confirms. It reimplements the reason for going for level 3s all over again, because there is no risk in a Lv 1, but choosing to go higher up the ladder can get more kills for your hard earned AP, by a long shot.

Let's take an example, There are two evenly matched players playing a 1 v 1. One sly, and one E. Cole. Both are gaining ap at the exact same rate. Cole uses his giga punch hit confirm every time he gets his Lv 1 for 1 kill every 350 ap. Sly saves for his Lv 3 and earns 2 kills for every 500 ap. Sure, cole takes the lead out of the gate, but after sly gets his first Lv 3, cole will be playing a game of catch-up for the rest of the game, since it technically costs E. Cole 700ap for 2 kills, while sly can get 2 kills for just 500ap using his own strategy.

Does this make Lv 1s useless? No way! Many characters have better Lv 1s than their Lv 3s! (like rachet.) It more serves the purpose of giving players like Jak, who has some of the worst Lv 1s and 2s in the game, but allowing him to use sly's stratagy and get his Lv 3 in a reasonable amount of time to counter a giga-punching E. cole.

Let me know what you all think, and please try to keep this thread civil.
-Jetstream
Message 1 of 27 (437 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Re: A new Idea to handle Kill Confirms

Jan 11, 2013
I can agree with this
Message 2 of 27 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

The ap cost is different for each character. Lowest for level 3 is 600, highest for level 1s are 150, and level 2s can be 400. Now, maybe some level 1s need to increase in ap cost, like Sly's or E.Cole, but not everyone. The better and easier to confirm the level 1 is, the higher it should be. It should be different for every character, but this game is more balanced than people make it out to be (Some matchups dominate others though).

Message 3 of 27 (431 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 11, 2013
But more lv 3 means the matches end way faster, if playing stock or kill limit.

I'd say just remove the kill confirms completely. Lv 1 becomes a gamble, like it should be, and less giga punch spam, toro dive kick spam, raiden everything spam, etc. I'd be fine with "possible" confirms, like dans. It can set up well for lv 1, but it can also be dodged out of
Message 4 of 27 (428 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 11, 2013
@Ginta: I'm aware that different characters Lv 1s cost different amounts, I'm just trying to come up with a basic template that can be adjusted according to each character's needs.

@Plasmakirby: That's one way to solve the problem, I'm just trying to find a different aproach.
Message 5 of 27 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 11, 2013

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
@Ginta: I'm aware that different characters Lv 1s cost different amounts, I'm just trying to come up with a basic template that can be adjusted according to each character's needs.

@Plasmakirby: That's one way to solve the problem, I'm just trying to find a different aproach.

I did give a reply to that though. I said the better the level/kill confirm, the higher it should cost. Also, level 3s should cost less or more depending on the super. Say Sackboy, his level 1 is horrid, so it should be lower than Raiden, maybe by like a 100 or so. His level 3 on the other hand is godlike, so it should be at max ap cost, which is 750 in this game. I think this could work better.

Message 6 of 27 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 11, 2013
That is certainly more realistic, and I do think your idea would work well, but I thought I would throw out my own. I'm not trying to throw anyone else's ideas out the window, just trying to give more choices.
Message 7 of 27 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I dont like/use kill confirm, How about me?
Message 8 of 27 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I like that you are throwing out there new ideas, but the fact that there are still kill confirms is the issue I see. People will continue to spam the moves until it connects. It's the fun factor I'm worried about. It's not fun having to continuously dodge a single attack because u know it means death.
Message 9 of 27 (365 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 11, 2013
There's a fine line, in my opinion, between kill confirms and just being cheap.
Evil Cole's giga punch into level 1 is cheap, but when someone such as Radec, Drake, or Big Daddy actually COMBOS into their level 1, I dont mind being killed that way. I see a lot of Parappas and Fat Princesses who can effectively combo into their level 1, Not just one hit then kill. I appreciate that.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 10 of 27 (338 Views)
0 Likes