Nov 07 2012
By: ThatOneGuy39 Uncharted Territory 1785 posts

A little something for you all.

4 replies 310 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Since PS All-Stars approaches literally 2 weeks from now I decided I'm going to start recording matches using the PS All-Stars hacks for SSBB that came up some time ago, I've been hacking Smash Bros. Brawl for over a year now so I've actually already had these hacks when they were revealed, I'm expecting to have a few ready by this weekend, so this thread will be updated in just a few days so have a great day and I hope you enjoy what I will provide.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Re: A little something for you all.

Nov 7, 2012
I'm actually interested in how they got some character models to look pretty good while others were... yeah not that good
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I'm game. lets see em. Smash hackin was fun. prolly the only thing i really did on my smash bros entertainment system. the most expensive electronic door stop ever...

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 7, 2012
fine I am interested akthough many videos are already on youtube, so that said "show me your moves"
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Yeah I'm aware that other people have posted some as well but ya know why not expand the numbers with different gameplay? Plus I'll be using hacks of characters who may not be in the game but people have asked for them, of course Crash being one of them.

@OMEGA_MEXICAN: to answer your question, it's two things, 1. most of them are model imports, and 2. you may have already figured this out but since some of them are PS3 models naturally they're going to look pretty bad on the Wii because the Wii isn't built for the kinds of textures the PS3 used with characters, it's also a matter of the graphics engine in Smash Bros. but I'm sure it's possible to improve some of them like Sweet Tooth for example I think it's possible to actually get his scalp on fire because fire featurs on characters' designs are already apparent, Charizard comes to mind here, but even when it comes to hacks I remember someone released Ghost Rider over Snake and they actually managed to get to skull on fire so it's certainly possible but I'd imagine the process is pretty rough.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes