Jan 17 2013
By: BDurk15 Lombax Warrior 224 posts

A different Giga Punch question

17 replies 276 views Edited Jan 17, 2013
I know I'm a little late to the party about Evil Cole's Giga Punch move, but I just now really encountered its horrible-ness(?) for the first time. While it is no doubt annoying, I have one question: Where did the move even come from?! Either SuperBot invented this move purely from their imagination, or I have a really bad memory, because I DO NOT remember this from inFAMOUS 1 or 2. If they're gonna have a really cheap move in their game, shouldn't it at least already exist in the respective character's game?
Message 1 of 18 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: A different Giga Punch question

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

BDurk15 wrote:
I know I'm a little late to the party about Evil Cole's Giga Punch move, but I just now really encountered its horrible-ness(?) for the first time. While it is no doubt annoying, I have one question: Where did the move even come from?! Either SuperBot invented this move purely from their imagination, or I have a really bad memory, because I DO NOT remember this from inFAMOUS 1 or 2. If they're gonna have a really cheap move in their game, shouldn't it at least already exist in the respective character's game?

Well.... I don't remember giga punch in infamous, (or infamous 2) but it isn't like cole can't punch. Theres nothing wrong with them filling in the gaps for characters they need an extra move for. If the move is a super, they should probably look for something iconic first before resorting to making one up.

Message 2 of 18 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I think they should have kept the same concept, but made it the gigawatt blade instead. It would have made more sense and it coud have gotten nerfed reasonably since gigawatt blade had a time limit. Imo it should have been same exact move and execution, except make it the blade and give it like a 10-15 (20 at the most) limit before it runs dry and you have to recharge it.
Message 3 of 18 (259 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Well I was at least hoping they'd do something with some of the DLC powers or at least use something from Festival of Blood cause nothing about that game has anything to do with PSAS other than an icon for it but I do like the giga punch idea regardless I do like when developers come up with their own stuff because then we get characters like Pheonix Wright in UMVC3.
Message 4 of 18 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Gigawatt blade? I don't remember that. Is that in infamous (1/2)?

Message 5 of 18 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Infamous 1 both coles had it and it was his strongest attack, besides the lightning that is.
Message 6 of 18 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Was it one of the powers you got from completing a certain amount of side missions? Because I didn't bother with those all that much so I missed out on whatever powers they had, well in the second playthrough with Evil Cole I did a few and only got two out of 3 of them.
Message 7 of 18 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Ok so I looked it up, and I don't think I ever used it honestly. Just so you know, that ability is already in his skill list. It is an attack you use when you are grinding along the ground.

Message 8 of 18 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I know its the grind, but its weak and should have used his weapon to do the grind combo. His blades were his strongest attack. @thatoneguy i always had the blades from the beginning of the game??? The only side mission powers that was worth it is evil coles arc lightning. In part two i did them just for the plat.
Message 9 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I believe I saw somewhere that gigawatt blades were a preorder bonus. Which would explain why I didn't even know it was in infamous. It didn't really seem that notable. As far as meleeing goes, his normal punches were all I ever needed, and I believe I could just simply knock someone down and give their rear a kick to knock them out anyways. I don't feel bad for giga watt blades being treated as they are being treated in this game, they really weren't all that notable.
Message 10 of 18 (219 Views)
0 Likes