Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: A different Giga Punch question

Jan 17, 2013
Hm i didnt preorder, but i had them. Gigwatt blades were ohko on every enemy except bosses and the last two conduit giants. I never used them on my second playthrough, because they literally made hard seem like easy.
Message 11 of 18 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Hey man I had no idea the giga punch came from the blades, I didn't even know it existed in the game in the first place I first got it last year as my first PS3 game and since then I only had two playthroughs so there's still stuff I haven't discovered clearly.

and yeah I did more side missions in Infamous 2 but it was cause I loved it so much I wanted an excuse to keep playing.
Message 12 of 18 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013

http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Gigawatt_Blades

According to the link, they were a preorder bonus originally, but they became available later on.

Message 13 of 18 (100 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Hmm maybe thats why i had them. Thx for the find.
Message 14 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Jan 17, 2013

It's something they do with several characters. When their options with a character are limited (like PaRappa, who's never so much as thrown a punch in his games), they brainstorm to find moves that would best suit the character while still being true to them (PaRappa uses karate from Chop Chop Master Onion). The Giga Punch... well, it's one of Evil Cole's fire based, which is based more on destruction, and what's more destructive than a super-charged punch? Yeah, I'm just pulling this out of my rear end. I haven't played Infamous 2 yet. I own the game, bought it used on eBay (sorry, Sony, it was cheap and I prefer physical copies), but I haven't gotten around to it yet because... well, I had a pretty good Christmas.

I think if they're gonna nerf it, they should take away the ability to hold onto the charge. Still has the armor, still has the crumple effect, you just can't walk around with it. Basically turn it into a focus attack from Street Fight IV. Sure, it'd make the move practically useless in 1v1, but let's be honest people, was this game made specifically with 1v1 in mind?

Photobucket
Message 15 of 18 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Stockton572 wrote:

Yeah, I'm just pulling this out of my rear end. I haven't played Infamous 2 yet. I own the game, bought it used on eBay (sorry, Sony, it was cheap and I prefer physical copies), but I haven't gotten around to it yet because... well, I had a pretty good Christmas.

I think if they're gonna nerf it, they should take away the ability to hold onto the charge. Still has the armor, still has the crumple effect, you just can't walk around with it. Basically turn it into a focus attack from Street Fight IV. Sure, it'd make the move practically useless in 1v1, but let's be honest people, was this game made specifically with 1v1 in mind?

Giga punch should NOT recieve significant nerfs. It should be one of evil cole's FEW kill confirms. By that I mean, they should remove some of his other ones, like his upwards grab confirm.

Edit: Also, giga punch wasn't in infamous 2. He uses his "amp" for melee attacks, not punches.

Message 16 of 18 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

The coles are totally messed on this game. Take the shockwave, those are inverted, cle do more dmg and good cole have a stronger push. He cant create ice in front of him, nor he can trap ppl on that oil thing. Both infamous 1 an 2 have lot of moves, why they made these new ones is beyound me.

Message 17 of 18 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Aquoon wrote:

The coles are totally messed on this game. Take the shockwave, those are inverted, cle do more dmg and good cole have a stronger push. He cant create ice in front of him, nor he can trap ppl on that oil thing. Both infamous 1 an 2 have lot of moves, why they made these new ones is beyound me.

Probably because they A, didn't want to have more then one of each type of skill, (grenades, missiles, shockwave, bolts, assorted melee attacks. Cole is missing his sniper bolt, telsa missile, (required a transformer) summon spikers, radar pulse, (not an ability with combat use) downed foe abilities, (Drain, heal, restrain and kick. It would actively mess with the mechanics of this game) and induction jump. (allowed you to get significant height, when jumping off a car)) and ran out of skills they wanted to have on cole's moveset. Or B, they had the concept for an attack that made enough sense gameplay wise and it also made enough sense for the respective cole to perform that move.

Message 18 of 18 (55 Views)
0 Likes