Nov 11 2012
By: BakonKart64 Lombax Warrior 140 posts

A couple questions to the people who have played PSABR

11 replies 254 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

Hello everyone, I, as a person who does not normally play Sony games anymore, have a few questions to ask to the people who have played PSABR.

Before I ask the questions, let me say I am new to this forum. I've been looking at it more and more as the release date to the game has gotten closer, but I apologize if some of these questions have been answered in other threads. I ask these questions because i have not bought a Sony console that is of the latest generation. I didn't get into video games until I was older, so my first console was a PS1. I consider myself a Nintendo Fanboy, but not one of those fanboys who says this game is a ripoff of smash bros, as I know better.

I have become more interested in this game as it features some characters of games I have played before (Ratchet, Sweet Tooth, Spike, Parappa, Sly) and have considered getting either a Vita or PS3 to play it. Anyways, on to the questions.

Who has been your favorite character to play as?

Which has been your least favorite?

What is your favorite stage?

What is your favorite series that one of the characters in the game is from?

Which version do you prefer? Vita or PS3?

How good is the online?

How well is the cross play? (does it lag)

I apologize if this has been answered before, obviously these have been,but I'm looking for one place to find them, and possibly help others who have not played it yet, and the portal did not answer some of these. I didn't want to go to gaming websites, because I want to hear what the fans had to say, and some of the threads are either outdated or people are unable to decide. Again I am SO sorry if I sound like some clueless **bleep**. 

Also, I am probably going to pick up a vita or a ps3, but can't decide. The PSOne classics on the vita that are coming out will come out (mostly the Crash series) will allow me to have a PS1 on the go, and some good vita games, but the PS3 has Uncharted, the God of war HD collection, some Ratchet and Clank games, InFamous, and great online. I'm clueless about these two as I have played Nintendo or PC games only since the PS2/Gamecube generation. Also, remember. Not all Nintendo Fanboys are idiots. I apologize for some of my fellow Nintendo Fanboys being idiots and saying Sony sucks and that this game is a ripoff of Smash Bros.

Message 1 of 12 (254 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: A couple questions to the people who have played PSABR

Nov 11, 2012
Il help you out granted there has only been a beta so far keep that in mind ill list numbers as I answer each question and go in order.

1. From the beta I my favorite character to use is Sly Cooper.
2. My least favorite has been PaRappa he just does not fit my play style.
3. In going off what I have seen not played for this but my favorite stage is a tie between Blackrock Stadium and Columbia.
4.My favorite series is Bioshock. Big Daddy is in the game.
5.ps3 easier to use a controller and have a full size tv. Also if your looking to buy one go ps3 way more games and better fir what you will pay.
6.From the beta online worked pretty good some lag but not much will probably be much better for full game.
7. From what I saw cross play woks great u have both ps3 and vita again some lag but not much and probably will be much better for full game.

Hoped this helped.
Message 2 of 12 (220 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Sly Cooper (beta)
Radec (not my play-style)
Sandover Village (nostalgia)
Sly Cooper series
PS3 (I only have a PS3.. and it's great)
Pretty good online. Only lagged a few times. I'm sure its fixed by now.
Crossplay looked perfectly fine in the videos I watched.
Message 3 of 12 (209 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 11, 2012
1. from the beta, my favorite character to use is PaRappa.
2. My least favorite to use is Radec. Radec doesn't fit my play style.
3. Probably Time Station or Invasion.
4. My favorite series is Ape Escape. Spike is the rep.
5. I don't mind using either one but, I prefer PS3 mostly.
6. It worked pretty well for the most part if everyone has a good signal. There were of course lag on some matches, invisible players, and delayed spawning but they are uncommon.
7. I haven't experienced it yet but it's pretty cool that I was able to invite a friend using the PS3 on my Vita and play matches together.

Btw, welcome to the forums.
Message 4 of 12 (198 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2012

Thanks everyone! I've already played Sly Cooper and Ape Escape,  but I'll have to try out Bioshock. It seems by most of these answers that not any of the characters in the beta are bad, but they might not fit my play style, so thats good, and judging by these comments and some I have seen before, the PS3 version is slightly better, so I might pick up a PS3 instead of Vita. Again thanks everyone.

Message 5 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Thanks!

Nov 11, 2012

The PS3 version is not better, I have no idea what people are talking about. However the Vita version isn't better either, they are exactly the same. Still though get a PS3 first. It is much later in its life cycle so it has a much larger collection of great games.

Message 6 of 12 (169 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Re: Thanks!

Nov 11, 2012

1. Radec - good at playing mind games with opponents

2. I didn't have a least favourite character, I played with them all every time

3. Although I haven't played them yet, I really like the looks of Invasion and Black Rock Stadium

4. Honestly, I like them all. The only games I haven't played are Sly and Fat Princess

5. I don't have a Vita, so PS3, naturally. They're exactly the same though. This game makes me want to get a Vita

6. The online is very good. Most fighting games have input delay due to lag, this one doesn't

7. I would imagine it's seamless. We never knew if someone was on Vita or PS3 during the beta.

Message 7 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Hello and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

1. A tie between Ratchet and Toro. Toro is more fun to use but Ratchet is easier to get used to. It feels natural when playing as Ratchet. 

2. Radec lol.

3. Stowaways.

4. Jak and Daxter series.

5. I can't answer since I don't own a Vita so I can't compare the two.

6. Online is pretty good. You may experience some lag and errors if people rage quit, but that's nothing new.

7. Cannot answer.

Not mandatory but you should try out as many of the franchises represented as you can. They all come from a series of great games (especially Ratchet and Clank series, 10 years of great games with a new one a week after PSAS, and is for the Vita too) If you can get both, go for it but if you can't, I'd say get a PS3. Right now, since the Vita is still new and trying to gain more popularity, they are going to dish out with new games and cross play where you can play the same games on the Ps3 on the Vita. The PS3 has a larger amount of games to choose from though. 

Also about the "Buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version free" thing...I don't think it's the same if you buy the Vita version and get a PS3 version free but someone can correct me if it is true.

Message 8 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 11, 2012
For the record I did not mean to imply it's bad on vita as it's been said they are the same. The game looks and plays great on Vita. Just that if I am home I prefer to play in ps3 as every handheld game device I have owned makes my hands cramp if I play on them for long periods is all.
Message 9 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Who has been your favorite character to play as? I'd have to say Sly Cooper & Fat Princess (surprisingly), there gameplay styles are really fun to manipulate and take advantage off.

Which has been your least favorite? My least favourite at first was Sweet Tooth because he is difficult to master, but once you get used to him he's a great character to use (so overall no least favourite as of yet).

What is your favorite stage? Definitely Columbia, absolutely breathtaking (even though I'm yet to play on it).

What is your favorite series that one of the characters in the game is from? To be honest they'res a couple of amazing series being represented - including Uncharted, God of War, inFamous etc

Which version do you prefer? Vita or PS3? The Vita version and PS3 version both run identically - but I preferred the Vita version just for the feel of it.

How good is the online? Online is the real appeal of the game, it's great fun and that's what will be keep me coming back to the game.

How well is the cross play? (does it lag) - Cross play works absolutly great, I played with a friend both from the Vita to the PS3, PS3 to the Vita and the Vita to the Vita and it all worked fine. There was some occasional lag during normal online play, but considering it was a beta, it's not the representative of the final game.

All in all, I'd say it's a great game and a smart purchase for any PS3/Vita (keep in mind, the PS3 copies come with a free Vita version) gamer.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 12 (114 Views)
0 Likes