Wastelander
616 posts

Re: A buff for Toros' level 2?

Jan 5, 2013
There are certain characters who may have a hard time stopping their combo, but the vast majority can stop and then dodge. It's a matter of reaction time to when Toro uses his super. If they can't stop their combo to dodge a super with a delay as long as that, they obviously aren't good enough. Winning a 1v1 with a level 2 was your opponents fault. They weren't good enough to dodge it. Your experiences aren't any evidence that what I am saying doesn't apply. This is based on what you can actually do if you know what to do, which the best players WILL know and even more people will know with time. Toros' level 2 NEEDS to be buffed eventually as this will be a big problem with high level play.
Message 11 of 42 (164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I actually like his level 2. Im a good player and I've only dodged it a handful of times. Same with everyone else's, though some are easier than others. Sorry Bud I dont see this getting a buff.
Message 12 of 42 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I almost always dodge any toros' level 2.
Message 13 of 42 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I have yet to play that derpy cat, but can't you control it? Or do you have to predict where it will land?
Message 14 of 42 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 5, 2013
If my experiences aren't valid to show why it doesn't need to be buffed, why are yours valid to show why it does? Food for thought.

Besides, the telemetry system will be what ACTUALLY decides what's nerfed and buffed, and if as many people are killing with it as I've seen, it's not going to get buffed.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 15 of 42 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Lv 2s are meant to be good, but not a guarentee screen clearer. Toro's Lv 2 is like Ratchet's, Radec's, Dante's, Nariko's, Jak's, etc etc. They can be devistating under the right circumstances, but don't guarentee anything. That's the point of saving up for a Lv 3. Toro doesn't need 2 screen clearers.

Message 16 of 42 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Speaking of Ratchet's lvl2, there is something about Toro that definitely needs fixing. Toro's bicycle kick actually negates the time-slowing effects of Clank's time bubble. I haven't had the time to test it enough to guarantee this, but both times I've been Toro during a Ratchet lvl2, this was the case. (I wasn't complaining when it happened, of course!)
ecdf9e46
Message 17 of 42 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I'm not talking from just an experience standpoint. I'm talking from a factual standpoint. It's a fact that you can always dodge his level 2 once you know how. This also isn't meant to be a screen clear. If enemies are all grouped up, you can still get 0 kills from it if they all know how to dodge it. It's just completely unfair to toro that his level 2 is so easily dodged even if he uses it correctly. If the hitbox gets buffed to stay out for longer than a dodge lasts, he would just deserve getting 3 kills for enemies being all grouped up like that. His level 2 isn't even much of a threat to me anymore when I see him as the only time I get hit by it is when I time a dodge incorrectly which is just a mistake good players won't make or my opponent won't stop comboing me and we both die. The latter won't happen in matches where the person comboing me is good at the game as he will just stop comboing me or quickly finish so that he can hit dodge and the toro is just screwed over.

Message 18 of 42 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Tell that to the Toro lvl2 kills people have gotten. Using this very same logic, I could argue that Ratchet's lvl1 is bad because it has a slow startup time and doesn't guarantee a kill because people can dodge it. Yet I always get multikills with it because I use it effectively so that they have almost no chance to dodge it, just like I do for Toro's lvl2. I know how to dodge many lvl2s somewhat effectively, but it simply doesn't guarantee that I can ALWAYS dodge them. Hell, if you know how to, you can dodge a Kratos lvl3 pretty much every time, but that doesn't mean it should be buffed.
ecdf9e46
Message 19 of 42 (113 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 6, 2013

It's all about prediction. Learn the angle of the star and blast radius, and take a guess at where the enemy will be going when they see its coming. Know the stage layout.

Once managed to launch a big daddy into the top area of Franzea, and he had no escape. That star slammed right into him. I've used it on groups of enemies countless times, and got usually 1-2 kills.

It's so saisfying to kill the enemy with the shooting star rather than the actual explosion X3

Message 20 of 42 (111 Views)
0 Likes